It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
lilsis1071
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hi all,

My hubby has just been told he has Rheumatioid arther. What can he do to ease the pain. I believe he has had this for sometime. He works all day in the cold and I mean cold. He does this year round. His pain has gotten worse over the years. What types of questions should he ask the doctor. Also his blood test for ALP is high and the alka. phosh. is very high and has been for years. Could he have Lupus too?

Any advice thanks
lilsis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
wen10
(female)

wen10 HB User
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hello lilsis,
sorry to hear your husband had been dx with RA, the pain is really something quite difficult to explain. Heat wheat packs are good for relieving aches/pains and cold packs for swellings are useful. If you look on the lupus healthboard you will see a list of clinical features/symptoms associated with lupus, this might help. He neds to ask how advanced is the RA, have xrays/scans to see if any erosion has taken place, discuss which DMARDS he is to start on etc..Hope this helps. Keep us posted of his progress.
Best wishes
wenXXX.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
lilsis1071
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Wen,

Thank you for the reply. We have a electric blanket so at night he really looks forward to going to bed although he really doesnt sleep well. He works in a very cold place and has for years. The cold is getting unbearable. He is a weight lifter and has done that for many many years. He started when he was 15 and is now knocking on the door to 40. Although he doesnt do it like he use to. Once a week and a run at least a couple times a week. Use to be every day. I give him credit for that I can not seem to get the energy to do it. LOL He has his first appt next friday and we will go over all you have mentioned. I do believe he has had a past bone scan and ct scan so maybe the doc can compare those to now. Thanks again.

lilsis

Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
romanss
(male)

romanss HB User
Thumbs up Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsis1071 View Post
Hi all,

My hubby has just been told he has Rheumatioid arther. What can he do to ease the pain. I believe he has had this for sometime. He works all day in the cold and I mean cold. He does this year round. His pain has gotten worse over the years. What types of questions should he ask the doctor. Also his blood test for ALP is high and the alka. phosh. is very high and has been for years. Could he have Lupus too?

Any advice thanks
lilsis
rheumatoid arthritis give a pain in cold. The pain has increased by time it can be cure by some herbal method which is very helpful in decreasing pain.

Closed Thread