It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
(male)

raydm HB User
Baking Soda remedy for GOUT aka GOUTY ARTHRITIS

This is crazy! Started having gout attacks about 4 years ago. Indomethecin helped rapidly, but I don't take a tablet unless pain is really severe.
Have tried cherries...no success; drinking lots of water...possible help, exercise...definitely helps, but can't if gout present; and here's my number one remedy!
You'll die laughing at this one.
Take 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in a full glass of water; drink half in the morning and half in the afternoon.
I have been pain-free since starting on this regimen. I think it alters the ph in your system and does something with the uric acid crystals, but I'm guessing.
All I know is that IT WORKS FOR ME!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
(male)

raydm HB User
Re: GOUT aka GOUTY ARTHRITIS

You seem quite knowledgeable about gout/arthritis/etc. My experience is limited by the severe toe pain (at the start) which eventually crept into ankle joints and even (I think) my knee joints. I walk/jog a lot and do strength training on a limited basis 3x per week. Can't do much walking when gout attacks!
I have tried a no-red-meat regimen...worked for a while, but then a sudden attack occurs without provocation.
I have tried the cherry route with little success.
I dropped shell fish also with little success.
My uric acid level is 9.2 now, but I have no idea what that means! Cannot find any reference to this number on the net.
Doc wants me to use allipurinol...I am hesitant after what I've read about side effects, and besides that is for life, and I don't want to be on pills for life.
I weaned myself off of high-blood-pressure meds once I realized that exercise keeps my blood pressure down; however, when gout flares, my exercise fades, and BP starts to rise, so I have to slip back into the Lisinipril regimen.
My most successful counterattack on gout has been...don't laugh...1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in a large glass of water, taken 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. Since I started that approach I have been gout-free!! Maybe it does something to the ph in the body and reacts to break down or eliminate the uric acid crystals; I don't really know...or care. IT WORKS.
My daughter found this 'cure' in a pdf file on the internet. Although the article suggests much higher dosage than I use, this amount seems to work fine .. for me.
Hope this helps someone out there. Gout is a terrible stab on a good life style.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread