It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
(male)

rpt56 HB User
Glucosamine & Chondroitin daily dosage

I understand that the recommended daily dosage to start using Glucosamine & Chondroitin is 1500 mg. Can I take all 3 capsules at the same time in the morning to achieve the best result or should I take one in the morning, one in afternoon and one in the evening? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
(female)

offlady HB User
Re: Glucosamine & Chondroitin daily dosage

I've been told by my chiropractor to split the daily dosage throughout the day for best results. It makes sense as the body will have time to absorb the doses in smaller amounts throughout the day instead of all at once. Also, don't give up--it will take 6 to 8 weeks before you start feeling the effects. Both my husband and I have taken these supplements.

My husband had an old knee injury that had started to bother him. After seeing the chiropractor, he was referred to the orthopedic sports doctor who scheduled a knee replacement surgery for him. In the meantime, my husband began taking a liquid glucosamine/chondroitin/shark's fin supplement that the chiroporactor sold. The chiropractor was a little skeptical considering the condition of my husband's knee, but my husband tried it anyway. After 5 weeks my husband said his knee felt so good he cancelled his surgery. That was around 8 years ago. It is beginning to ache again so we are taking the capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening. I have sore knees and osteoarthritis in my pinky finger. My knee pain is almost gone but my finger is still sore. I'm hoping it will not spread to the other fingers. My osteo doc said it will spread and doesn't believe in these supplements but my chiropractor thinks otherwise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread