It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Bad Bursitis Blues !!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Sonic Max
(male)

Sonic Max HB User
Bad Bursitis Blues !!!

OK...

I have this extreme pain where my right leg joins my hip. There was no injury to this area...the pain just began (about a week ago) & gradually got worse & worse. My primary care physician (after probing the area & asking me questions) says he believes it is bursitis; & sent me for x-rays. The x-rays are yet to come back (at which time he says he will contact me w/ an exact diagnosis)...but something is terribly wrong.

For one thing...I cannot believe pain can be this bad without an injury to the area. My hip feels like someone wailed on it w/ a 30 lb. sledge hammer.

#2) It's not getting any better...in fact...it's gotten worse. He prescribed me uncut oxycodone (without any filler...acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.)...which only dulls the pain. I'm not a drug & alcohol man; & so I only take the stuff (in accordance w/ the directions) during the day to get me through work. At night, I'm trying to kill the pain w/ aspirin (since acetaminophen makes me sick; & ibuprofen doesn't work so well on me, for some reason...I'm an aspirin guy from way back). But he sort of intimated during my office visit that it's probably not a permanent problem; & more likely a temporary, recurring one. Well...this pain doesn't feel like any sort of arthritis "flare up"...it freakin' hurts...real BAD.

#3) The pain is now not isolated to one area. It runs down my leg, through my knee, to the outside of my thigh (at mid height). It has also moved into my rear end (where my back right pocket is located)...& deep into the bone.

#3) Are there any known natural cures for bursitis? Perhaps an herb or mineral or any substance found in nature that will kill the pain or help fix the condition? (where heavy-duty man made drugs seem to fail).

#4) I recently lost 40 lbs (started off at 242; & made it to 200). I was feeling the absolute best I had felt in 30 years; & then this dammed affliction hit. Could the condition have been brought about by the weight loss?

So...what am I in store for; & where can I turn for relief?

Thanks,

MF

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
bevann26
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: Bad Bursitis Blues !!!

hi mark..i'm a long time arthritis person, and i think i've had it all. it sounds to me that you're having a sciatic nerve problem, they can be very painful. the medication never takes the pain away, only takes the edge off it. try putting heat on it when you're not in work....20 min. every hr. some dr's suggest ice, but i've always had the best luck with heat. when lying on your back, put a pillow under your knees, to help take pressure off your spine....when lying on your side, put a pillow between your knees.
hope this helps, let us know what the xray and dr. have to say.......bevann

Closed Thread