It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

More News

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
MAXNJ
(male)

MAXNJ HB User
More News

Yesterday I Got The X Ray Result Of My Lumbar Spine.the Lowest Disc ,i Thinks Its L-5 Has Almost No Jointspace, A Month Ago I Found Out That My Neck Has Arthritis. 2 Months Before That Loose Bodies Were Found In My Knees. The Occasional Pop In My Hip And Shoulder I Have Decided To Hold Off Getting X Rays On. So I Have Mild Symptoms, Clicking, Popping, A Stiff Neck Once In A While. Why In So Many Places> Most People Seem To Get Only One Or Two Areas, Seems Like All Of My Joints Are Getting Arthritis Rapidly. Im A 43 Year Old Male. I Go In And Out Of Moods That Tell Me Im In Big Scary Trouble, And I Will Be Crippled And In Pain Soon. Other Times I Think Im Carrying On Too Much, If 20 Million People Have Arthrits, Mine Doesnt Have To Be Among The Severe. Are There People Out There Who Have Mild Symptoms For Along Time, Deal With It And Dont Need All Kinds Of Surgeries And Dont Suffer Much? There Must Be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
maebelle
(female)

maebelle HB User
Re: More News

Hi Max,
I am not an expert but I can give my opinion.Alot of people including me have arthritis in several locations thru-out the body.Did your DR give any indication of what type of arthritis you have?
I wouldn't hold off on getting x-rays of the other places that bother you.
Sometimes arthritis can start out mild and left untreated become quite aggressive.Did you DR do any bloodwork?
As I look back at symptoms I had 20 yrs ago....even vague ones in the beginning...I realize now it was the beginning stage for me.
I just lived with it attributing the pain to muscle pulls & strains etc...
When it got real bad my DR gave me muscle relaxers etc..
Then 6 yrs ago the pain was constant.I was stiff,had trouble moving and bending.Atlas then the arthritis was discovered.Let us know how things work out for you.MB

Old 01-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
MAXNJ
(male)

MAXNJ HB User
Re: More News

hi thanks for responding I did have the bloodwork ,all neagtive, so I know its osteoarthrtis. when people say treatment, what is there really? Im on naproxen, and Im starting to exercise and stretch, swim etc. I guess what I really hope for is a sloooow progression!

Closed Thread