It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Arthritis (oh the wit)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Jack72
(male)

Jack72 HB User
Arthritis (oh the wit)

Just quickly give you the situation.

I'm 15, Male, and I would like to know if I possibley have arthritis.

For the past year or so, my joints, have been becoming more painful. It started off just my ankles would click when I walked, but during the cold they would really ache and hurt and sometimes swell very slightly.

But as of recently (past 3 months or so) its been getting alot worse, but the pain is now in my ankles, my right shoulder, both wrists, along my spine and most importantly in my neck. As you can imagine in hte neck is horrendously painful.
The only reason Im writing this is because its hurting so bad right now I want to know. My neck has swollen a bit on the right side, the base of it thats nearest to the spine is in agony, its a horrible aching feeling, but its so painful. I know arthritis at my age is very unlikely hence why Im so skeptical but I cant think of anyother answer, its keyly in the neck, all the joints I've named sometimes make loud cracking and popping noises and in the mornings are extremely stiff.

The pain seems to be worse in the winter (cold), at night and in the mornings. I also rarely get a sort of mark on my shoulder which also hurts alot, its usualy blue and red and sort of bruise like but speckled instead of faded like a bruise.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
aether4
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User
Re: Arthritis (oh the wit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack72 View Post
I know arthritis at my age is very unlikely hence why Im so skeptical but I cant think of anyother answer, its keyly in the neck, all the joints I've named sometimes make loud cracking and popping noises and in the mornings are extremely stiff.
Because you are male, still in your teens, mention that your spine and neck are the worst, and have morning stiffness you need to go to your doctor.
Does anyone else in your family have arthritis? Non OA arthritis, RA? AS? PA?

Please go to your doctor and ask for blood tests to check, ask them to include HLA-B27 test.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
naklang
(male)

naklang HB User

Sorry to hear this Jack. I got the same symptoms when I was 23 and I know how much it sucks to be young and feel 70 years old. Im now 40 and taking Enbrel injections. Hopefully you don't have it, but I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. What you describe could be alot of different things though.

Get to a rheumatologist and get the blood work done so they can start ruling things out. Hopefully its just a passing virus that you are fighting off. But eat right/take multivitamin, and get plenty of sleep. Aleve works pretty good to help the morning aches/stiffness, but don't take more than 1-2/day and always with food. You're too young, but NEVER drink alcohol when taking it as it can cause internal bleeding. Good luck.

Last edited by naklang; 01-26-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
dutson1
(female)

dutson1 HB User

Sweetheart get to ur Doc asap and tell em to do some bloods. Sooner they find out wots up the sooner they can start any treatment needed and get u on the right track. Try not to let it get u down hun until u know for sure wots up, have u told ur parents how ur feeling?
Ur symptoms though mite not be Arthritis so keep ur chin up and let us know how u get on sweetheart.
All the best matey heres hoping its just a virus of some description.
Speak soon.
xx

Closed Thread