It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

only mild sypmtoms ...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
MAXNJ
(male)

MAXNJ HB User
only mild sypmtoms ...

its been 4 months since I got my first x ray showing arthritc change. that was in my knee, loose bodies and an occasional click. 2 months later it was my neck, loss of disc space, then my lower back, same thing. It all got me pretty worried, and I read every post on here which is helpful. all I feel on any given day is maybe some soreness, goes away, and twinges here and there. I know I have arthritis, but maybe I jumped the gun thinking that Im doomed to pain and disability right away! Ikeep wondering why it would be in 3 areas almost out of the blue,at 43, but now I dont feel that i face crippleness or surgeries soon. Sometimes the anxiety takes on a life of its own, worse than the symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
mim
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: only mild sypmtoms ...

Hi Max, I have had the pain but 3 years ago they did a body scan and claimed I had no arthritis (which I did not believe.) This year I had another one and now only have a 4 inch span on my back that does not have arthritis. I guess it can come on quickly, but I understand what you mean about the sudden showing up. If you are not severely affected now thank your lucky stars and keep doing what you do. Any time someone gets a diagnosis they are going to have anxiety. Just listen to your body and if you need medication to ease pain then use it, if not then don't. My grandmother was able to work for many years after having arthritis throughout her body, but she was also able to swim daily and had great docs to keep her going. Good luck to you!
Mim Gregg

Old 02-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
bowva
(female)

bowva HB User

My first time looking around the arthritis site. Hate to tell you, but reading your post made me feel better. I think I have osteoarthritis in my neck and lower back...........and I'm only 46! So to hear you're 43 makes me feel good........in a sick way. I'm worried as well. If I'm in this much discomfort now........what is it going to be like in 10, 20 years?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
mim
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Bowva, I was only 36 (38 now) when the body went caput. I know what you mean, I worry about my quality of life and to think years down the road how it can be scary. Both my aunts have the OA and use walkers and have since mid 40's for one and late 40's for the other. I started a diet yesterday to try and get some weight off so it will take some stress off the joints. I had gained about 30 lbs. when I became disabled and know it will help to get those pounds off of me! It really is something we just have to deal with one day at a time and try to find ways to reduce stress on ourselves and bodies. Water therapy is wonderful, and I was so disappointed when our town closed down the pool last summer for good. I used to teach before my head injury, and I have had several middle school aged students dealing with arthritis. It is an equal opportunity disease unfortunately. Hang in there!
Mim Gregg

Closed Thread