It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

New to this board-have a question

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
lucky7
(female)

lucky7 HB User
New to this board-have a question

I am undergoing some tests at this moment. I had a test for lupus done and it came back abnormal. I have had this done before in the past and history repeats itself then there will be a speckled result in the lab work but when furthing viewing is done I will not have lupus. Ok..if that is the outcome then what do I have? They have already tested me for arthritis and it has come back fine.
My mother has polymyalga rhuematica (sp) and I have told the doctor and endocrinologist that. I myself have an underactive thyroid (Hashimotos) and have been dealing with that since 2002. I am a 35 yr old female with 2 young children.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
rayefaye
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: New to this board-have a question

Have you been checked by a rhuemotolgist? They specialize in arthritis. Are you symptoms arthritis related, like painful joints?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
troman
(female)

troman HB User
Re: New to this board-have a question

I have lupus with Hoshimotos as well. My ANA goes up and down. I believe the symptoms of 4 or more organs or systems that were attacked, is what was most important. I see a really good rheumatologist. But I had to go through a lot of humiliation before I found her. The many doctors I saw before her, thought I was menapausal and /or depressed. I would encourage you to keep really good notes of your symptoms. I even took pictures of myself after a day in the sun. The lupus rash was in full bloom. Be patient and persistant

Closed Thread