It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

ChrissyCP HB User
Arthritis at age 30?

Due to very mild cerbral palsy, I have fallen a lot on my knees for many years and just 7 years ago, I remember not sleeping at all one night b/c my knees were in pain, and as I went to get up to go to class that morning, I couldn't bend my knees! It went aways hours later, but since then i cannot really do squats or use my knees for such exercises.

Aslo, last 2 years, i've noticed i've been feeling dull pains, at times, around my rists, fingers, ankles, knees, and toes...it comes and goes and it is not constant. would this be the onset of arthritis?

Does it happen this early in life? I tend to feel the pain more during cold weather than warm/summer....thoughts?

Old 02-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
(female)

shawna68 HB User
Re: Arthritis at age 30?

Yes it can be arthritis at 30. I am 39 and I have it bad. I have had it since I was in my late 20's. It started like you said an aching in my legs and knees at night while in bed especially when it was cold or rainy and in my fingers too. My fingers lock up when i am writing. I now have it in my ankles and its causing lots of damage not to mention pain. I walk with a cain now. I would go to the doctor and have yourself checked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User

Mine started in my back at 13-14 years old. Age really doesn't matter.

If anything, look at all the kids that are pushed in sports now. They ruin their bodies that much earlier and end up with knee replaces by 22.
Mine was never from that though, it was just bad genetics and childhood injuries.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
(female)

ChrissyCP HB User

Thanks for the advice. I tried to seek some help from the cerebral palsy boards but no response. My cp is not obvious - just some stiffness when i feel I'm being watched like in church, and some minor balance issues.

which is why i had fallen on my knees a lot as a child. I don't know why i feel those dull pains in my fingers and toes - they are normal and flexable.

Anyway, i'm starting a new job in 2 months and my insurance will kick in soon after so i will seek medical advice.

I really dont want to take any meds and be on them so soon...I'm thinking in the next few years I will start a family and the last thing i want are drugs imbalancing my body. But the pain in not consistant and it is tolerable, so I will put up with it for at least well into my 30s, or when I guess I would feel complete with the # of children we'll have. I just feel the more people expose themselves to drugs, the more destructive and weaker the body becomes...

I guess, working on toning the muscles, stretching, these things should help a lot now....even things like squeezing foam balls, or working the fingers by playing with silly kid's games helps the fingers/joints as well....right?

Old 02-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
(female)

vk5228m HB User

There is a type of arthritis named Juvenile Arthritis. you could possible have been suffering with it for years. It is not wise to wait for years to have a potentially chronic illness diagnosed and medicated. I have knowingly suffered with Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis since I was in my early twenties. Because I took my anti inflammatory medication, my deterioration was slowed down considerably. Until it became too painful to do so, I exercised three to four times a day. At this point, stretching movements are about all I can safely do. Since you want to have children, It is even more important to get under a doctor's care. The blood test that you will be given will determine if you are suffering with arthritis or not.

Closed Thread