It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User
pain moves around

dose artheritus moove around, a few years a go,i had bad pain in my hip,after exersise,it would last a week or so then go, then every now and again i get pain in my knee when walking up the stairs that comes and goes, for the last few months i have pain in my little finger on the bone it looks red and swolen and hurts to bend ,i went to the doc about my hip she put my leg in the air mooved it about and said my hip was fine whats going on im 48 , i notice i get more pain around my periods ta shirley

Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User
Re: pain mooves around

Have you had your back checked for possible problems there? Mine causes some hip pain that just stays around the hip/hip girdle area. Actual pain from a hip problem tends to hurt down in the groin. Back problems can also cause knee pain.

I have pain that moves around to different joints - but nothing on blood work to show for it. Mine has been labeled "polyarthralgia", I do have some slight swelling around the affected joints and it does respond to NSAIDs. But the doctor can't tell me exactly what the cause is.

You best bet is to have blood tests done to try to see if there's anything there that shows for it, or to at least rule stuff out. Some basic x-rays of your lower back, hip, knee, and hands would be good, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User
Re: pain moves around

hi thanks for your reply i have lower back pain from fibroid could this course hip pain and knee pain, i will go back to doctors and ask for blood test thanks shirley

Old 02-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: pain moves around

Hi there, what you describe is what I have heard called "traveling arthritis". I was dx with osteoarthritis in all my joints except for about a 4 inch section of my back (the only section that has not had surgery.) My pain is in multiple areas, but there are times where I will go to sleep hurting in knees, hips, and fingers, and wake up with knees, ankles, and hands hurting. I have been in a lot of pain in some areas during the day also and it slowly would recede and somewhere else would start "barking" at me. Thank God it rarely all hurts at once but when it does I definitely know it!!!
Hope this helps!
Mim Gregg

Last edited by mim; 02-26-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Closed Thread