It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

nicoriz HB User
what is the grinding sound in my knees when i bend down

I am only 34 but for the last few years the grinding in my knees is so bad i can barely bend down without extreme pain. I am 5'3 and 113lbs. I am somewhat active but never really played sports. What could have caused this?

Old 03-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User
Re: what is the grinding sound in my knees when i bend down

Hi You should really go to a Rhumetologist to have some blood work done, you may have arthritis. The dr. will give you advise on which medicine will be helpful to you. Good luck !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

prendi1 HB User

hi i too have grinding of the knees it is called crepitus.it is a form of arthritis.i have it in both knees,my doc said i would need new knees in about 10 years that was around 8 years ago,i put on glucosamine gel,but my family cover their ears when i am coming downstairs as the noise goes thru them.they are slowly getting worse but i heard they dont give you new knees until you get to about 70 as they only last for 10 years and i am only 54.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #4
(female)

katiebugs123456 HB User
Smile Re: what is the grinding sound in my knees when i bend down

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that they do give knees to people before they reach 70.

I am 50 years old and have had my left knee and left hip replaced.

If they are telling you this, you might want to find another ortho because it is just not true.

Yes, the life expectancy of the artificial joint is 10-12 years and I waited 6 years to get my first one because I was in my 40's, but if it is affecting your quality of life, I suggest you investigate it further.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
(female)

tracey42 HB User
Unhappy Re: what is the grinding sound in my knees when i bend down

Hi

I am going to the doctor tomorrow as when I walk up stairs my knees make a crackling sound, like the bones are grinding together. I do find that they ache a bit as well. When I walk anywhere they don't seem to bother me.

I am only 42 but have ulcerative colitus for 18 yrs and in those years maybe 10 or more have been taken up with steriods, I am wondering if my knees have become weakened.

I don't really where high heels but when I do and especially if out at night the next day I can hardly go up and down the stairs. I'm not really overweight, I am a size 14 and have lost 1 1/2 stone.

I have just found out that my mother has the onset of Osteoporosis which I am wondering if it maybe hereditory.

Will let you know how it goes.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
(female)

ryan10 HB User
Cool Re: what is the grinding sound in my knees when i bend down

hi im a bit nervous replying as i am new to all of this. i suffered with my left knee for a couple of years the orthapedic surgeon told me it was wear and tear. about 2 years ago i fell and banged the knee and a couple of weeks later the pain was unberable even when i took my sleeping tablets i would wake with pain when i tried to straighten it out. doctors still said wear and tear eventually i went to a pain management clinic they said it was tendinitous and gave me a injection into the knee[dont know what it was i was in so much pain i forgot to ask) anyway thank god the pain has gone a least 5 mths now but i live in fear of the injection wearing off

Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

teachergirl64 HB User

Ryan, the injection has worn off. It relieved the inflammation causing the tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon) and it healed. More than likely you got a steroid injection. They just last a few days at best.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
(female)

ryan10 HB User

hi teacher girl this is a clas site and i feel like i have loads of friends that care even though i dont know who you are. its nice to know that you take the time to answer my problem. i am new to all of this im glad to know that the pain has gone for good. i work with preschoolers and love my job but for a while i thought i would have to give it up. my future looks brighter now. thanks again have a nice day

Closed Thread