It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

kisha973 HB User
arthritis in chest

I was going to a cardio. keep having problems with what i thought was my heart due to hypothyroidism....He thinks I have arthritis in my chest has anyone ever heard of that...any sugg on what to do about it

Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User
Re: arthritis in chest

Hi Kisha

I have psoriatic arthritis and I have been taken to A and E 3 times in the past 5 years with family thinking I am having heart attack. The pain in my chest is quite bad at times, and the last time I went the consultant said the arthritis is in my chest wall and the pain gets so bad at times it feels like I am having a heart attack, so in answer to your question, yes you can have arthritis in your chest and yes it does worry you thinking you are having heart attack. It doesnt happen all the time, buy my chest does hurt with the arthritis even slightly. Hope you are ok today.

Regards Ronnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
(female)

kisha973 HB User

thank you when i mention it to people they look at me weird....do you take anything to help with the pain....

Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi khsia, I also am hyopthyroidism and have been having pains in my chest, its scares me so much, I get like a sharp pain in the middle of my chest, the Doctors are testing me for RA I have arthritis in my fingers and knees, ankles, hips, wrists, also early menopause.

Make you think the thyroid has a lot to answer for... Mad Maz

Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User

Hi Kisha

I take two types of drug for my arthritis, Leflunomide which is a DMARD and Arcoxia which is an anti inflammatory (just started this one brilliant for pain but having few dizzy spells). I have tried all the DMARDS and taken different kinds of painkillers over the years. I am always aching, but at the moment on a low level which is easier to live with every day. Lots of rest of bad days, hot baths, and I walk my little dog to get exercise and fresh air.

Ronnie

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
(female)

kisha973 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD MAZ View Post
Hi khsia, I also am hyopthyroidism and have been having pains in my chest, its scares me so much, I get like a sharp pain in the middle of my chest, the Doctors are testing me for RA I have arthritis in my fingers and knees, ankles, hips, wrists, also early menopause.

Make you think the thyroid has a lot to answer for... Mad Maz
Thats where my pain is too. have stress test, ekg echo. I have my first appt with endo in 2 weeks..it has affected mny digestive system too, but taking probiotics which has helped so far....this is so tiring.

Last edited by kisha973; 03-26-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
(female)

katiebugs123456 HB User
Cool Re: arthritis in chest

Thank you for sharing. I have felt like I had something going on in my chest for months now. Especially when I lay down at night it feels like by breast bone is cracked. I thought I was crazy. Thanks again for sharing.

Closed Thread