It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
some questions

I have loosely talked to my physician about this stuff, but I want to find out from others how they feel.
I am 30, was a cheerleader for about 8 years total. I can't say my profession, but let's say I have been working on my feet lifting pushing and pulling on things for about 10 years. I have had a broken right ankle and two back surgeries, resulting in a lumbar fusion three years ago.
Is this how arthritis feels? when I get off the couch after sitting say, cross legged for some time, it is painful to uncurl myself. My knees, ankles and hips hurt and it takes a minute to stretch out. Once I am fully extended, I am okay. Maybe a little sore. It goes away. My elbows, neck, and wrists are the same.
THe other question:
The tib/fib fracture was ten years ago. About a month ago my achilles tendon area, and inside the foot somewhere (at the ankle joint) started to hurt, quite badly in fact. I had some swelling at the tendon-couldn't bear much weight when going down stairs, couldn't get my heels on. I saw my doc and she said it has been ten years, and sounds like I have some arthritis. My xray was unremarkable. (pins are in place, no new fracture). Last summer I did twist my foot badly-I thought I rebroke it and the ankle area feels like it was an old injury as like the summer (bruised it badly). It has been five weeks. I still have some pain even though I have been taking motrin about every four hours. Anyway, to me, I have always had arthritis-is this a different type? I have to ice it which sometimes makes it hurt more to move it-I am kinda tired of it. Unless I wear tennis shoes, it flares. I thought it was done but came back today. Should I seek a CT? or is this just good ole arthritis? Even in soft tissue????
Thanks
HOpe it made sense

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: some questions

Mel

Your symptoms sound like arthritis. It would be a good idea to have your dr check you out to be sure. I have had osteo arthritis for many years. I need to have both of my knees replaced due to arthritis destroying the cartlidge and my ankle has been fused. There are several arthritis medications and treatments that help the pain. Take care.

I hope you'll stay in touch.

Nadine

Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: some questions

thanks-my doc did check out an xray and it was fine. No evidence of Osteo-arthritis. I have been icing it off an on and taking motrin, 600mg about every four hours while awake. If it doesn't get better soon (she said a little over a week and should be fine, has been about a month since I saw her), I may have to consider seeing an ortho doc, just for a full exam of the joint. Will be around and we'll see what happens I guess.

Closed Thread