It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
(male)

swilly HB User
roving joint pain

only had pain for six days been to hospital once doctors twice .goback in 2 days...
day1- rt knee in center . left wrist center. (severe piecing pain)
day2- rt ankle rightside . rt wrist center .(nothing rt ankle or left wrist)
day3- rt knee rt side . left hand and fingers . chest center (thought it was heart attack went to hospital they took a bunch test said arthitus. went to doctors he gave me tylnol3 (useless for pain)
day4_rt ankle leftside .left knee center .both hands
day5-rt knee leftside . neck hands and wrist not as severe (went to doctors in morning asking for better pain relief he told me to put ice on it .went to friends house got diluda finally slept for 2 hours straight)
day6- left knee rightside. forearms .shoulders .collar bones

these pains are so severe i cannot get out of a chair or bed without help it starts in afternoon and becomes unbearable by midnight

Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
(female)

Mrsdevon HB User
Re: roving joint pain

Hi Swilly
Sounds like the way my Rhumatoid Arthritis started. Get your Dr to refer you to a Rhumatoid consultant. Tylnol never worked for me and as i'm asthmatic can't use anti inflamitories such as Brufen and Volterol (these have worked well for friends) I take co-codamol together with tramadol to get to sleep on bad nights.
Hope this helps and you're soon feeling more comfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

There is also something called palindromic rheumatism that you may want to look into.
I would echo the suggestion you see a rheumatologist.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PatNJ HB User

I had something similar. The pain started very suddenly and, as in your case, it traveled randomly from place to place, with some overlapping. The worst of it lasted about two weeks. I didn't call a doctor about it, but I immediately made an appt. with a rheumatologist.

I was convinced I had rheumatoid arthritis, but the blood work pointed to Sjogren's Syndrome (I am not convinced that it really is Sjogren's, but that's another story), which can cause joint pain.

Years ago, I had a similar episode, which was diagnosed at that time as reactive arthritis, possibly brought on by an inflammatory response to an undertreated strep throat infection. I was given a prescription antiflammatory med, and the symptoms disappeared after a week or so.

I encourage you to make an appt. with a rheumatologist. If you have a long wait before you can see him/her, your primary care doctor should be willing to order preliminary blood work.

Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
(male)

Adamhi HB User

it sounds like reactive arthritis due to the quick onset and moving nature of the joint pain but you would have had to have some sort of trigger infection such as lower GI, urinary, strep throat or something for about 4 or less weeks prior to the onset of pain...did you have anything like that? Eitherway you need some better help with your pain, go see another doc. You need something to knock you out at night (maybe vicodin) and help you deal with the pain during the day (lyrica and arthrotec). I hope you feel better soon!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hi Swilly. I just posted something very similiar. Have you gotten an answer yet? My pain started about 3 wks back, first my tail bone hurt so bad I could not walk, lasted maybe 5 min. A few days later my left ankle hurt so bad I could not walk, felt like it was going to crack...in the am it was fine. The next day I was running stairs and my right foot hurt so bad including toes, thought they were being crush...was fine an hour later. Have had pains in different parts of my spine. I have had short quick pains in all of these areas too.

This scares me I am 33 and paranoid its bone cancer!

However, I learned aciphex can cause deficiencies and can cause osteoa, but I was tested for RA it came back okay. I have been on aciphex for 1 yr....maybe it is a def., not sure. Also had a cbc and was tested for lupus--both okay. I get my other labs next week.

Oh joints have been cracking A LOT and knee feels like its about to pop out when I excercise

Does this sound like your pain too? Its very scary!!!!

Last edited by k2626; 06-27-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Closed Thread