It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

cb3228 HB User
Some questions...........

I've had bone/muscle pain for over 2 years along with fatigue and morning stiffness. I was tested for RA and lyme and everything else a few years back and everything was normal except my C reactive protein was 7.8 (normal 1.0-3.0) but the doc said it wasn't a big issue. I got tot he point where I just put up with the problems because I felt like a hypochondriac because all the blood work said I was fine.

Fast forward to 2008 with my new family doctor and I explained to her........fatigue, morning stiffness for about 1/2 hour in all joints/muscles........ muscle pain in shoulders, hips, neck, upper and lower back.........joint pain in shoulders, elbows, hands, neck, hips and knees............weakness in arms, legs and back. I just received a call and the nurse said my doctor would like to see my regarding the blood work because the Vitamin D panel came back low and it shows I have arthritis. I asked if she meant rheum. arthritis but she didn't know, she was just passing along the message. I know I have osteo arthritis in my knees that was previously diagnosed by x-ray and physical exam and possibly in my neck as I get alot of crunching there too. Now I can't see her until possibly Friday and the nurse didn't have specifics. It's very disconcerting to be put on hold like this so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

Lab work they did was: lipid profile, lyme titers, lyme west. blot, cbc w/ diff, tsh, ana, rheum factor, eryth. sed rate, complete metabollic panel, total creatinine kinase, vitamin d panel, tissue transglutaminase Iga, endomysial ab IgA.

Could they diagnose osteoarthritis from my labwork or could she have been talking about rheumatoid arthritis? I did some searching and I see that low vitamin D is associated with rheumatoid arthritis. As you can see it's tough being patient especially when someone may finally have some anwers for me after all this time.

Thanks to all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
(female)

terri38 HB User
Re: Some questions...........

Hi

Do you have psoriais? Let me know if you're nusure what it is. Its just, there is a type of arthitis linked to it that is similar to R.A but is difficult to dx

Old 07-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
(female)

cb3228 HB User

no........no psoriasis.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

terri38 HB User

Well thank God for that, I was concerned you were suffering from psoriatic arthitis which would account for your symptoms and why you've tested neg for R.A. So at least thats one less thing to worry abot!

Good luck

Old 07-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi cb...yes osteo can show up in blood work, also in xrays or any scans.
you might wat to mention fibromyalgia to your doc...you also have alot of signs that it could be that along with osteo.
there is a wonderful fibro board on here, you might want to read some of those posts also......take care, bevann

Closed Thread