It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

OuchyMichele HB User
Seronegative Arthritis, Lupus, Hypermobility Synrome... What's going on? I'm only 25

Hello, I am despirate to perhaps get some additional insight as to what may be going on with me. I am a 25 yr old female, at 140lbs and 6' tall. I was enlisted in the Marine Corps at 18 but was honorably discharged after only 2 years because of sacralization in my lower back that prevented me from doing a lot of the stuff being a Marine is all about!!! That was 5 years ago. In the beginning of this year, I had a horrible flare of arthritis in multiple joints- yes I'm only 25! After running blood tests and taking synovial fluid, I was told that some of the tests lean towards Lupus, but until it's for sure, they're calling it seronegative arthritis since my Rheumatoid Factor was negative. I'm being seen by the VA Hospital and am having trouble with finding a diagnosis. I'm having a much harder time though with the pain. I've been on prednisone and plaquenil since early this year, and since they're reducing the one, the pain has greatly increased! Now I not only have TMJ in the right side of my jaw, but now it's in my left, and I can feel a bump of inflammation there. My neck is absolutely killing me b/c I also have cervical kyphosis (reversed curvature of the neck) & it's painful, as some of you may know. I find myself having a really hard time falling asleep b/c I can't get comfortable so I'm relying on the

Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
(male)

geertj02 HB User
Re: Seronegative Arthritis, Lupus, Hypermobility Synrome... What's going on? I'm onl

hopefully its not lupus. find yourself an easy going doc and get heaps of pregnasone. 60mg a day is the max you can go but i was on 50 for a couple of weeks till the methotrexate and plaquinil started to work. make sure you taper off slowly. im currenly on 15mg of methotexate per week but as i had some side effects to plaquinil am on sulphersulavine instead now. iv thried a natropath but had no luck although i have heard it can work. gunna give a homeopath now and c what happens.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread