It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

sarahsp218 HB User
my ana test results came back as 1-1280 what does that mean

I am having serious memiry imopartment real serious, example wrecked my car (thank goodness nobdy was hurt, out to dinner with in-laws no memory. and the klst goes on. I am not on any new mducation. My neruo do did MRI and EGG and found sanll scare tissue and says it could be frim my R.A. Next he wants me to find a neruopyscologist that performs that particular 3 our long test. No luck with that. I am really tured all the time, not lie depression but no energy.
I do know that 1-1280 is pretty danr high
[removed]

Sarahsp218

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-09-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: inappropriate comment

Old 10-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
(female)

Angie10 HB User
Re: my ana test results came back as 1-1280 what does that mean

Hi sarahsp218,

My ANA came back at that number before I began plaquenil. The rheumatologist explained that this was an indicator of inflammation and that my "rheumatic condition" was active. You might want to contact your doctor again to see how he or she feels about the ANA. Hope you get some answers soon!

Take care,

Angie10

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
(female)

sarahsp218 HB User

Hello, thanks for the response. Man I just re-read my post, please excuse the spelling.
Yes I have an appointment with my rheumatologist this coming Saturday. I am being to have extreme headaches, can sleep all the time and my vision is becoming blurry. Needless to say my memory is getting worse. My neuro found small scare tissues from my MRI and said it could be from my high blood pressure which si out of control (bottom
# never lower than 90) and the strangest thing he said to me was some of the scare tisuuse could be from my R/A, I have never heard of R/A entering your brain. Have you?
Weight gain is getting out of control, too me everyone says I look good. My Neruo also wants to do a spinal tap after my neruo-pysch test which is on th 13 of Nov.
I am really frustrated and feel so alone. I feel bad for my husband because I was typically very active and now I am a blob. Nobody to talk to who is going or has gone through anything simliar. I know a sound like sad sack, which is noramaly not my personality.

If you want please stay in touch. this is the first time I have ever done anything like this, i have looked at them numerous times and then just left, with my typical attitude I can deal with it myself.

Take care of yourself,
Sarah

Old 10-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
(female)

Angie10 HB User

Hi there,

Nothing is more frightening and discouraging that not having answers and going from one test to the next. I have gone through that a few times in my life and my family was a worried mess. Right now I have no idea if I have is Lupus, RA, or something else (Long story). It has been very frustrating.

Do not be hard on yourself about the weight gain. You are going through a rough spell and going from normal speed to almost stop can be very challenging emotionally and physically. It has been very hard on me to gain weight in the last few months, but I can't beat myself up and neither should you.

Also, has your neurologist evaluated you for MS? It is normal to have lesions on the MRI scan. I'm not a doctor but one time feared I might have MS and did some research about it. It can also cause great fatigue, decreased memory, dizziness, vision problems, etc. Like RA and Lupus, it can take years to diagnose because the symptoms are slow to develop. Also, there are treatments for it and these other illnesses so, even though it is challenging to deal with, there is hope for feeling better.

Whatever it is, do not forget that you are not alone. Other people have been where you are and felt what you feel and this board is a great support network. Regardless of what is determined, you will get through this. Your hubby will understand, too.

Please keep us posted on how your tests go. I hope you get some answers soon!

Peace

Old 10-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
(female)

sarahsp218 HB User

Thank you so much for your thought's. It is wonderful to communicate with others who have or are going through similar health issues. My biggest complaint is my memory, to forget your own phone number or going..really sucks. Also, my headaches have increased so much.
The neruo said something that my husband & I felt was odd, that the scare tissues could be from my r/a, i have never in my life heard of r/a in such a case befor? Have you or do you know of anyone that has?

Stay in touch,

Sarah

Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
(female)

sarahsp218 HB User

Thanks, your answer was right on the money. They still canot figure out the memoery impairment & the small scare tissue found in my mRI.

Please stay in touch and take care of yourself.

Sarah218

Closed Thread