It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Question E. Sedimentation Rate

My rhumy told me that me E. Sedimentation Rate is high. I do have Fibromyalgia which I am being treated by him for.

He is re-testing me for RA, and is testing me for Lupus, Sjergrons Syndrome (sp) and I guess some other stuff,

I have pain in my joints, ny hands are very painful in the morning and stiff and hurt to move. They are stiff and hurt now and it is 4:48 in tne afternoon. It hurts to type. I have swelling in both ring fingers, I get swelling on the top of my hands by the joints, I recently have developed pain on the top of my foot near the toes almost every morning. I have had issues where pain in my ankels, and feet have ever woken me up. My toes get stiff in the morning too. I cant kneel because it kills my knees.

I was dx with very dry eyes a year ago from my eye doctor. He seemed suprised.

Any suggestions?

I go for my blood work in about 3 weeks.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: E. Sedimentation Rate

Fibromyalgia does not cause a high sed. rate so you have something inflammatory going on. An increased sed rate does not tell you what kind of inflammation just that there is inflammation. that's why you need the other tests.

And dry eyes can go with any of the inflammatory arthritises, not just Sjorgrens. And the degree of dry eye makes a difference too. Is it dry enough to make your corneas very inflammed as well or just dry enough that the testing showed dryness but no damage. He'll want your eye doc's report.

And of course the problem with all of these diseases is that you can have negative blood tests and still have RA or something else. My blood work is negative except for the sed rate and CRP(C-reactive protein...another marker for inflammation)but I was diagnosed with RA via MRI. Showed the erosive arthritis in my wrist.

So I wish you luck with trying to find out what is wrong. I hope you get good test results so you can start treatment right away. The earlier these diseases are caught and treated, the better.

gentle hugs.............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: E. Sedimentation Rate

Hi Jenny

Thanks for responding.

I am sorry about your RA. I have heard of the blood test not showing anything yet finding it on MRI.

I guess I just have to wait and see. I know I have been seeing my rhumy for 1-year now and he send me for bloods every 2 months. This is the first time this test came back high.

Closed Thread