It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
(female)

lindkaye3 HB User
Question about Enbrel and MS ?

Hi there;

Well after trying the pill forms of treatment for my Ankylosing Spondylitis and having reactions from it (severe headache and nausea) my dr is now going to start me on Enbrel. Hesitation I have is that I also have Multiple Scleroisis and RSD. My neurologist stated they will have to watch me carefully because Enbrel has been noted (I beleive in fact all the injectionables) to cause a patient with MS to go into a flare. Has anyone out there taking Enbrel had MS also and how was taking this medication? I am hurting so bad currently I feel the need to at least try this. Any insight anyone can give would be most appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Question about Enbrel and MS ?

I have juvenile chronic polyarthritis, similar to rheumatoid, and just a family history of MS and I was followed very closely when I first started the TNF inhibitors. I did do well on Enbrel for about 2 years before it quit working.

The only bad reaction I had was to Remicade, an infusion, which is notorious for causing allergic reactions anyway. Infusions tend to be more dangerous than injections because of how rapidly infusions are absorbed by the body. A relative of mine who tried (I believe it was Remicade) when it was still experimental - in a clinical trial for her severe MS - had a terrible flare and the trial was closed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Question about Enbrel and MS ?

Honey, this is very important.
I was taking off ENBREl right after I was Dx with MS. You can't be on Enbrel if you have MS, it progresses MS in a bad way.

I hope this helps you.
Best wishes, Moldova

Closed Thread