It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User
Does this kind of pain call for Arthritis?

I'm 33 years old and have minor cerebral palsy. It happened hours after birth due to negligence.

Anyway, my CP is hardly noticible. So, last few years, I'm experiencing the following pain.

It all started about the age 22. I was awaken from severe pain in my knees. So much so that I couldn't bend them or go down the stairs! So I took tylenol and I felt better. That sort of pain never came back, however from then on I felt pain in my knees when the weather was humid, or spring turns to summer and seasons changing.

However, last two years I'm experiencing some other pain, moreso in my feet, toes, and legs. Sometimes i feel like a needle is being forced through my foot by my toes. it lasts for few seconds or minutes then goes away for weeks or months at a time. Then i feel a dull pain on/off in my joints, knees-toes-fingers-wrists. Again, on and off.

I thought this all might be arthritis, but my parents are old-school and have always convinced me that arthritis occurs in older people. But, having CP and me tensing because of CP that I'm putting my body through a lot of forced "work." However, as I've said, my CP is very minor but the tensing I do is exasserbated and more than the average person.

Anyway, right now the pain I feel is the needle poking pain, in my knees, bottom feet and towards toes. I know you're not doc, I'm just trying to see if you've experienced these feelings.

Speaking of which, I wont have insurance until next year, because of my job, (I'm currently unemployed), so I will go fo tests then.

Is this kind of pain arthritis-related? Suggestions on how to cope until I get the opportunity to see a doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread