It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
(female)

Sunnilynn HB User
Unhappy im new to this arthritis i need help please

I have been suddenly layed up for 2 months with a bad knee.the pain well lets just say i cry ive pleaded to god. ive taken narcotics ,nothing seems to help the pain. i favor my right leg. i am over weight. i know i need to loose weight. but i just want to beable to walk like a normal person. being layed up for 2 months has me depressed. irritable.and dont go out only to the doctors.i did go to the emergency room. they took xrays and a ultra sound all they could say it is arthritis. does the pain ever go away. at night its worse. i cant sleep i get stabbing pains in my knee .i get stiff and then in the back it starts hurting. please anyone let me know what i should do or take to help this go away. medicines blockers i need educated .im 51 im not ready for a cane or walker.i dont own a car so that makes it even tuffer. i did fall in the bath tub like 4 months pryor and hurt myself.ive also had some bad falls in the past .one off a horse.anyone can you please tell me what i can do or test i can get .about rehab. on my knee or lets say leg because it is effecting my leg and my life.thanks god bless and i will read each and every answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
(female)

Princesslinda HB User
Re: im new to this arthritis i need help please

Im sorry to hear how bad you are. In the beginning the pain is the worst (I think anyway!) I have RA since I was 4..One day I fell the next day I was diagnosed... they are all linked in my head!!!

Are you getting treatment?? Even Physio will help and god knows swimming is a wonder drug for me!!
Im overweight and of course it affects you knee. im on Patrick Holdfords "Say no to Arthritis" diet at the mo but the supplements seem to be helping-Glucosamine and Devils Claw.

RA cant be cured but can be maintained and you will be soon an old hand at managing. I even go dancing once a month'!!!(though I cant move for a week after-totally worth it!)

Use a pillow at night and some time of codine based pain killer to help you sleep. Alternate warmth and heat. Get a support for the knee.

Most importantly go to the doctor and get meds for it!!!!!

Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
(female)

Sunnilynn HB User
Thumbs up Re: im new to this arthritis i need help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesslinda View Post
Im sorry to hear how bad you are. In the beginning the pain is the worst (I think anyway!) I have RA since I was 4..One day I fell the next day I was diagnosed... they are all linked in my head!!!

Are you getting treatment?? Even Physio will help and god knows swimming is a wonder drug for me!!
Im overweight and of course it affects you knee. im on Patrick Holdfords "Say no to Arthritis" diet at the mo but the supplements seem to be helping-Glucosamine and Devils Claw.

RA cant be cured but can be maintained and you will be soon an old hand at managing. I even go dancing once a month'!!!(though I cant move for a week after-totally worth it!)

Use a pillow at night and some time of codine based pain killer to help you sleep. Alternate warmth and heat. Get a support for the knee.

Most importantly go to the doctor and get meds for it!!!!!

Good luck!!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
(female)

Sunnilynn HB User
Re: im new to this arthritis i need help please

linda thank you so much.im really letting this get to me.bad cryingyou know etc,i have not been to any arthritis doctor.but let me say just what you are telling me is helping me alot.night seems worse.i mean 2 months of pain and not being able to do what i normally do can really suck.excuse the lang.im not sleeping.one time it will vanish for 10 minutes then hit with vengence.i just need to know what meds are good to take.what to do at night.what exercise i shld be getting. i dont have a car so i always depended on my legs to get me where i have to go.but i want to thank you so much if anything you can also tell me please feel free to write me.im hoping i can dance again to .god bless and you seem to know alot so please keep me informed on what is good and what isnt. thanks so much.~~lynn

Closed Thread