It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #211
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Israel.
Posts: 384
Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
I forgot to tell you I'm using a cream called Traumeel. It has lots of Arnica in it like Haydena talked about. My daughter ordered it online for me and sent it to me. You might find it in GNC or a health food store. It does help. I massage it in 3-4 times a day.
The traumeel ointment is made by the German company called ''Heel"
I advise everyone who has had this surgery to use it as it really helps & is non-chemical. 100% homeopathic. It is used for bruising, bringing down swelling & pain.

Haydena.

 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #212
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Israel.
Posts: 384
Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
Gingertea,
What great news for you!! So glad to hear it. I still can't believe it's 8 wks and you're just starting PT. Everyone has such different ways to heal. I went to PT today after taking the steroids for 5 days. I was still in pain in my thumb.-from the base to the first joint. I have tendonitis. I was fitted for a small brace(she makes it from plastic and heat and molds it). It's just a small one to wear while I heal. She feels this is what is my problem. I've overdone the exercises and now have tendonitis. Yikes!! I'm at 5 mos. She did tests to see my strength and flexibility. Normal hands should have 20 lbs for normal activity. My bad hand had 4!! My left hand needs to be done and had 14lbs. My range of motion is not good either. She did ultra sound on it and it felt better. I have to treat it with ice until it's healed then we can work on my wrist stiffness. I guess I went overboard on my activity. I'm praying this pain will be gone soon. I'm down today as I feel I've taken a step backward. But hopefully one month will do the trick. I have my grandkids coming here this weekend but I will be careful. Two of them are 12 and 10 so they will help. My niece will help me with cleaning. The kids will cheer me up.
Wow Janet I am sorry to hear your news. You have been through the wars!!

I also had tendonitis in my wrist some years ago. A naturopath advised me to take organic sulphur, "MSM". Its 100% non-chemical. I also take Gloucosamate with Chondroitin, made from fish bones not cows, both have helped me alot. You can order these online.

You should not overuse your hand at all. Is it possible for you to get help with the cleaning so you dont have to do it?

I also had the micro-plastic as a splint. The edges were somewhat rough & I placed pieces of gauze underneath it, which helped.

I hope your mood picks up & wish you a happy time with your grandkids.
Hugs & all good wishes for better healing to you.

Haydena.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to Haydena For This Useful Post:
Janet20 (04-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #213
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baldwinsville, NY, USA
Posts: 102
Janet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Haydena,
Thanks for the encouragement and -you always have the best remedies. I'll give it a try. My niece does clean my house on a regular basis. I'd rather pay her than some of the girls I've had in the past. My husband is great but I think after 5 months, no one really gets that I'm not better. I think that's why I've done so much. I also think all the packing, unpacking and all the travel we did for 2 1/2mos., although fun was hard on my hand. My three kids live far away. One in Alaska and 2 in Boston. They are wonderful when they are here but... I have been going on this site just to keep me sane. I've always been a fast healer so this has really been an ordeal. But thank you and to the other women on this site. It helps to talk to someone who's been through it.

Janet

 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #214
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Israel.
Posts: 384
Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
Haydena,
Thanks for the encouragement and -you always have the best remedies. I'll give it a try. My niece does clean my house on a regular basis. I'd rather pay her than some of the girls I've had in the past. My husband is great but I think after 5 months, no one really gets that I'm not better. I think that's why I've done so much. I also think all the packing, unpacking and all the travel we did for 2 1/2mos., although fun was hard on my hand. My three kids live far away. One in Alaska and 2 in Boston. They are wonderful when they are here but... I have been going on this site just to keep me sane. I've always been a fast healer so this has really been an ordeal. But thank you and to the other women on this site. It helps to talk to someone who's been through it.

Janet
Janet, I forgot to mention that the remedies I suggested you take, take about 1 month to kick in. After that you will feel an improvement.

I dont mean to be rude but if your husband doesnt realize your hand is not healing as it should be, you need to explain it to him again & again until he understands. You should also get your physiotherapist to talk to him.
The more you rest your hand the better it will be for you.

I am fully aware of how hard it is for the woman of the house to be ''out of action'' & you will get all the support you need by coming here & moaning as much as you want. I am here for you & do understand how low you feel now.

Just know that your hand will improve in time. Be patient with your healing & be kind to yourself. You are going to be fine. Its just very unfortunate that your recovery has taken a slide backwards.

Hang in there Janet.

Hugs & loads of support to you.

Haydena.

JANET, I hope you see this.

You can also use the Traumeel for the tendonitis as it helps calm the flare up down. At least 3 times a day & at night bfeore you go to sleep.

Last edited by Haydena; 04-10-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: forgot to mention a good tip.

 
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #215
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baldwinsville, NY, USA
Posts: 102
Janet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Haydena,I've never stopped using the Traumeel. Our grocery store has it in the organic section too! Saw it the other day. So, TJ look in a health food store. We have Wegmans here in Syracuse, NY and they carry everything. Thanks Haydena!!

Janet (I feel better already)

 
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #216
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Israel.
Posts: 384
Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
Hi Ginger Tea!!
Wow lucky you!! I did get the heat and electrodes but not in a massage chair!! The massage was always my fav part!! I kind of thought you wouldn't be having the other hand done so soon. It does take time for the strength to return. Today I took my last steroid pill and my wrist does feel better. Looking forward to PT tomorrow for more ultra sound. The thumb is still sore but I'm better. Somewhat!! Haha I keep reading parts of these posts to my husband!! He helped me with the groceries and getting dinner on the table. He did it all for 3 months. Now I have to ask. LOL
Janet, hi,

I have friends here who have had the same surgery on their own. Some of them lost their hubbies & some are divorced & are totally alone. I am amazed at how they managed without any help.

Dont forget when you ask yours for help to put a huge smile on your face!! & dont forget to look utterly helpless!!

Enjoy your PT tomorrow.
Haydena

 
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #217
Junior Member
(female)
 
csidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 19
csidney HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Hello Ladies.... I am 11 weeks out of surgery, and already been discharged by my doctor and hand therapist. I don't know why I stopped getting updates to this board. I tried stabbing out a post here a couple weeks after surgery but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason.

Anyways ............... I am so glad it's over. I still can't use my thumb for much of anything and still have quite a bit of pain. in thumb, and wrist. Both my doc and therapist say it's ONLY been 11 weeks and it could take up to a year. Just don't understand the pain and I'm not getting any answers from anyone. I can understand weakness but I don't understand the pain. I stopped asking the therapist because she kept saying it was the incisions. Didn't get much farther with the doctor. I've had enough surgeries to know this is NOT incision pain. I have been doing all my exercises and my heat therapy every day.

Ok ...I'm headed back to catch up on how you all are doing.

 
Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #218
Junior Member
(female)
 
csidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 19
csidney HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Just a bit of info for the board.

Went in for surgery at 11:30 am and was home in bed by 3 pm that same day. Hydrocodone made me throw up so they changed my pain meds to Ketorolac. Only took it for 4 days and then Ibuprophen did the trick.

I slept on the couch for 5 nights. It kept me from moving around and helped with elevation. Kept my hand above heart every waking moment and that helped keep the pain and swelling to a minimum. I was in a splint for the first 3 weeks and then met with the hand therapist who removed my splint and fitted me for a brace. I thought it was a bit weird that I wouldn't be seeing my doctor for 7 weeks after surgery but that's the way it as scheduled. The first hand therapy appointment was rough because the hand was so stiff and still a bit swollen. She introduced me to the 4 exercises I was to do, did a heat wrap, and put an ointment on my incisions. I had a million questions for her but she couldn't answer most of them. She attributed all my pain to the incisions and dismissed the hypersensitivity as not related to this surgery. Hand therapy was 5-10 min heat wrap and a 3 minute hand massage. I had 3 ultrasound treatments in 8 weeks. I found the hand therapy to more of an inconvenience than anything else because I could do everything but the ultrasound at home. She did take hand measurements
on 2 occasions.

Getting late ....I'll post more tomorrow.

 
Old 04-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #219
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Israel.
Posts: 384
Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by csidney View Post
Hello Ladies.... I am 11 weeks out of surgery, and already been discharged by my doctor and hand therapist. I don't know why I stopped getting updates to this board. I tried stabbing out a post here a couple weeks after surgery but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason.

Anyways ............... I am so glad it's over. I still can't use my thumb for much of anything and still have quite a bit of pain. in thumb, and wrist. Both my doc and therapist say it's ONLY been 11 weeks and it could take up to a year. Just don't understand the pain and I'm not getting any answers from anyone. I can understand weakness but I don't understand the pain. I stopped asking the therapist because she kept saying it was the incisions. Didn't get much farther with the doctor. I've had enough surgeries to know this is NOT incision pain. I have been doing all my exercises and my heat therapy every day.

Ok ...I'm headed back to catch up on how you all are doing.
Hi Csindey,

Good to hear from you again. You probably got unregistered from this board
as you had'nt posted for sometime.

After 11 weeks your hand & wrist should not be feeling as they do.
I also stopped going to my surgeon's physio after 4 sessions as she was not helping me. I found a private hand physiotherapist who came to my home 4 times & taught me all the hand & wrist movements known to her. I continued on my own & I had the full use of my hand back after 3 months.

I suggest you buy or order online, Truameel cream made by Heel. This is an homeopathic 100% chemical free cream used for pain, swelling & bruising & numbness.
You apply it to your your thumb, incision & wrist 3 times a day & before you go to sleep at night. (You can apply this cream every hour quite safely)

You should also gently rub/massage your incison up & down with Traumeel.
The sensitivity you are feeling is YES from the surgery. I had the same feeling. The tip of my thumb was also numb but faded after 3 months.

Immerse you entire hand in a large bowel of hot water & simply exercise your entire hand & wrist. This you need to do at least 3 times a day. The more you move your hand & wrist, the better.

Get yourself a rubber ball, slightly smaller than a tennis ball. Place it in the palm of your hand leaning your thumb against it & bend your thumb backwards & forwards. The tip of your thumb needs to reach over the top of the ball.

Picking up paper clips with your thumb & forefinger is also an excellent exercise.

With the tip of your thumb, touch your forefinger, 3rd, 4th & pinkie as many times as you can.

If after all these movements your hand still feels stiff & wrist weak, you need to go see your surgeon & ask for an exray on your hand.

I hope all the above helps you & wish you well.

Haydena.

 
Old 04-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #220
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 441
gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Wow, I have so many questions and comments I don't know where to start.

tj33 How did your pre-op go? Are you going in for surgery tomorrow? I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes smoothly for you. When you can type, let us know how you are doing.

csidney Welcome back..... I am at almost 9 weeks out and I know I will have some questions for you!


Janet & Haydena Well, it didn't take me long to fall from my physical therapy high. I've spent the last two days in pain and tears. I usually don't shed tears easily, but I think I was exhausted from the pain. My hand really started to throb, deep bone pain shooting up my arm. The fingers I hurt earlier, playing with the squeeze ball felt like they were broken. They were curled up like a claw and trying to get them straight was painful. It still feels like my nerves are on the outside of my thumb area. Quite a bit of tissue in the scar area feels like I have a very bad rug-burn, but there is nothing there. Yesterday I couldn't have my clothes touch the area it was so tender.

I kept up with my exercises in a large bowl of very warm water. I did the ice and elevating treatment and I put my brace back on and slept in it. I kept rubbing arnica into my scar and the area that feels like a rug burn. I can't wait until the Traumeel gets here. It's much better today, so I am going to keep up the heat, ice, arnica and wearing the brace. I have another PT treatment in the morning, so at least I know I'll feel great tomorrow afternoon. There is an area in the knuckles between my 3rd and 4th finger the PT said wasn't cooperating with him while he was massaging my hand. It's right above the fingers that are curling. Maybe he will be able to get it in place tomorrow. (That is probably from the carpal tunnel surgery)

Janet I read about the desensitivation exercises. Does the physical therapist think you have RSD? That could explain the length of the healing time.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!
__________________
Ginger Tea

Last edited by gingertea; 04-15-2012 at 02:04 PM.

 
Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #221
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baldwinsville, NY, USA
Posts: 102
Janet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertea View Post
Wow, I have so many questions and comments I don't know where to start.

tj33 How did your pre-op go? Are you going in for surgery tomorrow? I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes smoothly for you. When you can type, let us know how you are doing.

csidney Welcome back..... I am at almost 9 weeks out and I know I will have some questions for you!


Janet & Haydena Well, it didn't take me long to fall from my physical therapy high. I've spent the last two days in pain and tears. I usually don't shed tears easily, but I think I was exhausted from the pain. My hand really started to throb, deep bone pain shooting up my arm. The fingers I hurt earlier, playing with the squeeze ball felt like they were broken. They were curled up like a claw and trying to get them straight was painful. It still feels like my nerves are on the outside of my thumb area. Quite a bit of tissue in the scar area feels like I have a very bad rug-burn, but there is nothing there. Yesterday I couldn't have my clothes touch the area it was so tender.

I kept up with my exercises in a large bowl of very warm water. I did the ice and elevating treatment and I put my brace back on and slept in it. I kept rubbing arnica into my scar and the area that feels like a rug burn. I can't wait until the Traumeel gets here. It's much better today, so I am going to keep up the heat, ice, arnica and wearing the brace. I have another PT treatment in the morning, so at least I know I'll feel great tomorrow afternoon. There is an area in the knuckles between my 3rd and 4th finger the PT said wasn't cooperating with him while he was massaging my hand. It's right above the fingers that are curling. Maybe he will be able to get it in place tomorrow. (That is probably from the carpal tunnel surgery)

Janet I read about the desensitivation exercises. Does the physical therapist think you have RSD? That could explain the length of the healing time.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!
No I don't have RSD. She is not sure why my healing is so slow but it may be I didn't get enough PT before I left for vacation. I wasn't quite ready for strengthening when I left. I've used my hand more than I should as well.
I read where some of you don't like your therapists. Mine is so good. She is recommended to anyone having hand problems. Haydena, how lucky you were to get someone to come to your home and be healed so quickly. I'm at 5 months and really thought my wrist would be healed. I still have pain in my thumb but I do have some tendonitis. I'm doing my exercises and hope soon i'll be getting the strength back in my hand.
Janet

 
Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #222
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Israel.
Posts: 384
Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
No I don't have RSD. She is not sure why my healing is so slow but it may be I didn't get enough PT before I left for vacation. I wasn't quite ready for strengthening when I left. I've used my hand more than I should as well.
I read where some of you don't like your therapists. Mine is so good. She is recommended to anyone having hand problems. Haydena, how lucky you were to get someone to come to your home and be healed so quickly. I'm at 5 months and really thought my wrist would be healed. I still have pain in my thumb but I do have some tendonitis. I'm doing my exercises and hope soon i'll be getting the strength back in my hand.
Janet
Janet PLEASE go online & check out Organic Sulphur MSM & Gloucosamine & Chondroitin. MSM comes alone in tablet form whilst Gloucosamine & Chondroitin are together in one tablet. Buy the high strength in both. You can get MSM with Gloucosamine but I the strengths are not strong enough.Follow the instructions.

All the 3 above remedies are excellent for tendonitis & you can take them altogether. They will help your pain.

When you told us you were going on holiday I thought it was too soon after your surgery but didnt want to interfere.

I am so sorry you are not as you should be now, but I know in time, you are going to be painless.
Lets drink a toast to that!!

Hugs Hyadena.

 
Old 04-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #223
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baldwinsville, NY, USA
Posts: 102
Janet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Haydena,
I tried to tell my husband it was too soon but I didn't want to spoil it for him. It was really too much physically and mentally handling the pain and visiting so many places. Thanks for the support.
I tried glucosomine and chondroitin a few years back for a long time and it did nothing. I might try it again and look for the MSM. Thanks girl for cheering me on. I am taking the two grandkids miniature golfing and out to lunch. I'm actually not in pain today but our temps are so warm today!!

Janet

 
The following user gives a hug of support to Janet20:
Haydena (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #224
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 441
gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Lucky you, Janet! The grands and nice weather! My grandbabies never fail to cheer me up. I have 3, the oldest is 4 1/2. My 4th is due in August. It's gloomy and pouring rain here, but I have a PT appointment so thats uplifting! Luckily, I like my PT.

Have fun with the grands!
__________________
Ginger Tea

 
The Following User Says Thank You to gingertea For This Useful Post:
Janet20 (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #225
Junior Member
(female)
 
csidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 19
csidney HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydena View Post
Hi Csindey,

Good to hear from you again. You probably got unregistered from this board
as you had'nt posted for sometime.

After 11 weeks your hand & wrist should not be feeling as they do.
I also stopped going to my surgeon's physio after 4 sessions as she was not helping me. I found a private hand physiotherapist who came to my home 4 times & taught me all the hand & wrist movements known to her. I continued on my own & I had the full use of my hand back after 3 months.

I suggest you buy or order online, Truameel cream made by Heel. This is an homeopathic 100% chemical free cream used for pain, swelling & bruising & numbness.
You apply it to your your thumb, incision & wrist 3 times a day & before you go to sleep at night. (You can apply this cream every hour quite safely)

You should also gently rub/massage your incison up & down with Traumeel.
The sensitivity you are feeling is YES from the surgery. I had the same feeling. The tip of my thumb was also numb but faded after 3 months.

Immerse you entire hand in a large bowel of hot water & simply exercise your entire hand & wrist. This you need to do at least 3 times a day. The more you move your hand & wrist, the better.

Get yourself a rubber ball, slightly smaller than a tennis ball. Place it in the palm of your hand leaning your thumb against it & bend your thumb backwards & forwards. The tip of your thumb needs to reach over the top of the ball.

Picking up paper clips with your thumb & forefinger is also an excellent exercise.

With the tip of your thumb, touch your forefinger, 3rd, 4th & pinkie as many times as you can.

If after all these movements your hand still feels stiff & wrist weak, you need to go see your surgeon & ask for an exray on your hand.

I hope all the above helps you & wish you well.

Haydena.




Thanks Haydena. You are such a wonderful help. I am going to order the Truameel cream. It sounds like it has helped a number of people here so why not me.

I do the warm water soak. It's the only thing I do where my hand and wrist aren't killing me afterwards. Surprised I didn't get any warm water soaks at the hand therapist. I honestly felt the therapist was a total waste of my time and money. She wasn't able to answer one question and did no therapy or exercises in the office except 3 ultrasound treatments. Haydena has answered more questions in 5 minutes than my therapist answered in 8 weeks.

I am a bit disappointed that my doctor dismissed my pain complaints. He has seen me twice and we are done. You'd THINK he would at least say come back in a month or two to check on the level of pain and numbness. This whole thing including the actual surgery process was a bit rushy rushy for me. More on that another day.

Overall .... I think I'm just overanxious to have my hand back. Thanks to everyone who has been thru this and advised me of the reality of it taking up to a year. I asked my doc about this very thing before the surgery and he insisted it would be 3 months that I would need to commit to. AFTERWARDS ..... when I complained that I still can't really do anything with my hand he tells me it will be a year. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Haydena ...do you think my hand/wrist hurts this much because he did this a different way and I didn't have the hard cast and went straight into hand therapy at 3 weeks.

I have been religious about the exercises and could do them all as soon as the splint came off. The hand therapist was impressed........ but dismissed my pain as incision pain. UGH !!! I still do the exercises and use this putty that smells. I think I will try the ball as you suggest instead. I get a clicking in my thumb like it's popping out of the joint and it's still hard to write anything longer than my name.



Hi Janet...sorry to hear you are still hurting so much. You'll have company here if nothing else.

Hey Ginger.... I feel your pain. Mine has gotten a little better each week. Not fast enough for my liking but I trust the people that have been thru this much more than my Doc and therapist who haven't. Hang in there girls..... we'll get thru this together.

I tripped and fell on my other hand and now it's worse than the one I just had fixed. I can't win. The Doc looked at it last week when I went for my last appointment. No xray ...just said I probably disturbed all the scar tissue in the joint. Now I have this huge lump sticking out of my palm. He said if its still bothering me in a few months then "we should talk." I think he was in a bad mood that day.



Ok ...gotta run for now. I check back with ya'll in a few.

Thanks again Haydena. (((hugs))))

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Bone Fusion for Basal joint arthritis ida b Arthritis 8 09-27-2012 09:51 PM
basal thumb arthritis dajo Arthritis 42 01-05-2012 02:26 AM
Basal joint surgical treatment..Effective??? Biyak123 Arthritis 202 08-05-2010 07:51 AM
Naviculocuneiform joint fusion -- please share your advice & experiences... rosinberfoot Foot & Ankle Problems 8 01-24-2010 06:52 AM
toe fusion after joint replacement corkeysue57 Foot & Ankle Problems 9 03-26-2009 10:01 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Bextra
Celebrex
Enbrel
Humira Ibuprofen
  Methotrexate
Mobic
Prednisone
Tylenol
Vioxx




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



jennybyc (108), Haydena (90), Moldova (47), margarita889 (23), d j (21), Janet20 (16), ladybud (13), Greengal04 (10), dajo (10), gingertea (8)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1165), MSJayhawk (1000), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (833), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (747), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!