It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

jodi98 HB User
last 3 fingers went numb....

For the last 4 days my fingers and the outer part of my right hand has that numb falling asleep feeling. I beleive I have arthritis in both wrist and have it worst in my left, as a matter of a fact I rarely feel it in my right. But after about a month ago I was pounding tile out of an old bathroom and started to feel the pain from working too hard and this went from hand to shoulder and then the numbness kicked in the fingers.
Anyone with any ideas or suggestions on this. I have been putting the hot / cold pain cream on it. That kind of just burns and takes your mind off the pain.

Jodi

Old 07-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: last 3 fingers went numb....

You could have injured the nerve that comes down along the outside of the arm and serves those fingers. It can be injured from overuse or just plain pressure....I did the same thing making my wedding gown...spent so much time leaning on my elbows, hand sewing that it went numb.

so you can give it some time and see if it gets better on it's own.

But if it doesn't show signs of getting better fairly soon, have it checked out. If it gets worse(fingers don't want to work) then have it checked out ASAP. It could be from nerve damage anywhere from your wrist to your spine. It's not carpal tunnel as that involves different nerves but it could be cubital tunnel when it gets caught in the elbow area.

But numbness anywhere is always something to get checked out if it doesn't go away as the next step can be loss of use.....completely.

And arthritis rarely causes numbness....just pain. Just another thing to have checked out.

good luck............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
(female)

jodi98 HB User
Re: last 3 fingers went numb....

Thanks Jenny, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is only a temp. thing going on.
I have a dr. appt w/ my neurologist in a couple of weeks regarding my migraines. I think he would be one to help me if the numbness is still there. I really hope it goes away though cause it is so irritating especially when I lift my arm up for anything.
Thanks again......

Jodi

Closed Thread