It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

caddtech19 HB User
ANA 1:320 mixed Homogeneous and Speckled pattern

Hello-
This is my first time posting. I would just like to see what everyone thinks.
I have felt bad for some time now. My syptoms are:
Severe fatigue
Joint pain in hands, wrist, knee's, ankles, and spine.(swelling, redness,burning)
I have had a cervical fusion in my neck
I have been constipated but that went away when I started on anti inflammatories
Ovarian cyst
Abdominal swelling
Chronic yeast/bacterial infections
Allergies that have gotten much worse
Sinus problems
lack of sex drive

I wen't to my PCP for joint. She did bloodwork. It came back ANA positive at 1:116. She sent me to a rheumatologist. He then did bloodwork. It came back ANA positive at 1:320. It was mixed with Homogeneous and speckled pattern. Everything else came back normal. He did the antidna, anti-sm, ect.
Still have lots of pain and need some answers.Thank you in advance for any help.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: ANA 1:320 mixed Homogeneous and Speckled pattern

Whenever you have any kind of possible auto-immune arthritis disorder, one blood test says nothing. A lot of these tests can be positive in people who don't have anything wrong as well.

What you need to do is keep seeing the rheumatologist. They need to develop a profile of your particular disorder. It can take months and even years but that doesn't mean they don't treat you in the meantime. I have rheumatoid arthritis and of the 7 criteria for RA, only 1 is a blood test and you need to have 4 of the 7. And it's pretty much the same for all of the arthritic disorders. Blood tests are only a very small part of the picture.

So keep going and keep getting tests and tell him/her what your symptoms are so they can be sorted out(what is rheumatological, maybe some GYN, maybe bad allergies with associated sinus trouble). Rarely do all the symptoms go to one disease.

So keep going and keep watching your joints. It will reveal itself before long. This diseases just take time to show themselves and fully develop.

good luck............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread