It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Seeing a Rheumatologist for the first time today

Hey everyone. Today at 1 PM CST I am seeing a Rheumatologist for the first time. Ever since at least 2003 I have had chronic joint and muscle pain. I mostly experience the pain in and around my joints. Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in my family. My grandma on my dad's side of the family has it. I am hoping that I will leave the doctor's office tomorrow knowing exactly what it is that ails me and leave with some medicine to help the pain too. I take prescription Naproxen twice a day but it does not help the pain very much. I experience the pain throughout the day but especially before it is going to rain or snow. I also have a lot of morning stiffness which usually lasts at least an hour and a half. Also, when standing up from my chair, I often have excruciating pain in my hips and lower back. What does this sound like to you? I was also diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome, posterior tibial tendinitis, and a bone spur (which has been taken care of) by a podiatrist and carpal tunnel syndrome by my regular doctor. They also say I have some muscle problems. What could this be?

Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Seeing a Rheumatologist for the first time today

Hi wwwgirl......tell me how it went, okay?

What could the muscle pain be....all part of the spectrum of arthritic disorders. They all tend to come on together. A bad joint put stress on the ligaments and tendons around it and that in turn affects the muscles. They are all affected.

Let me know how it went.

gentle hugs.........Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
Hi wwwgirl......tell me how it went, okay?

What could the muscle pain be....all part of the spectrum of arthritic disorders. They all tend to come on together. A bad joint put stress on the ligaments and tendons around it and that in turn affects the muscles. They are all affected.

Let me know how it went.

gentle hugs.........Jenny
Hey Jenny. Thanks for your post. I went to the office today only to find out that they don't accept my type of Medicaid. Apparently my doctor's office did not tell them exactly what kind I had. So I called my doctor's office and they told me to call the Medicaid office and find a list of Rheumatologists who accept my Medicaid and that the lady at the office would refer me to one of them. I hope I don't have to wait another 2 months before getting in to see one. Regardless, I will be glad to finally get to see one so that way I can figure out what is wrong with me.

In other news, I am in a lot of pain tonight. Had to take a Tylenol 3 earlier for the pain. It is helping.

That said, I like your avatar. It is so cute.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I would have preferred a different cat but this one satisfies me...my 3 fuzz balls are pretty cute...but none ore gray.

And I like your lion...I'm a Leo!

Let me know..... I'm here for you.

Jenny

Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
(female)

Nummbie HB User

Hi wwwgirl,
Sorry about the mix up with your insurance. It is so hard to wait all of that time for help and then not get it. I don't have RA I have OA and a few areas of tendonitis and entrapment kinds of symptoms. Prescription Naproxen didn't help me either. My Rheumy just switched me to Mobic 15mg (meloxicam) and Flexeril 10 mg at night. That combo is helping a lot much better then the Naproxen and Skelaxin combo that my Family Dr had me on. Good luck

Closed Thread