It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

angel880 HB User
Spine/Joint/Stomach probs, lumps, RA? does this sound like you? Age 29

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read. I am a 29 year old female 5ft 10 195lbs Over the past few years I have posted everywhere and have been trying to find the cause of all these symptoms. At age 25 I was hurt on the job and finally went to a doc found degenerative disc disease, 3 herniations, stenosis, and impinged nerve in leg. Had surgery in 09 L5-s1 discectomy, I still have 2 herniations and some permenant damage to sciatic nerve.

Ok so thats how is started I was completely healthy before this had not seen a doc in 10 YEARS!!! In the last 3-4 years I have had a ton of new symptoms, trigger points pain, muscle pain widespread, stiffness, etc...then started having tummy/ bowel problems had a colonoscopy said diverticulosis...but have tummy trouble constantly now even though no diverticulosis infection present!

about 2 years ago I started developing subcutaneous lumps. I have some on my side (near belly) the inside and sides of my left and right elbow which press on nerves and make my hands go numb, lumps behind and on side of knees. One on right forarm and smaller on right wrist. These did not hurt really (until they swell and hit nerves)and showed a doc way back when I only had one or two and he blew me off (ps I have the worst doc in the whole world!!) havent seen him in almost year just been suffering..he is that bad. lumps are kind of squishy on elbow starts on top and wraps all the way around the inside of arm around joint. this one pushes on nerves or something. Some of the smaller ones do "go down" alittle from time to time but mostly they are red golfballs.

Now for the past 3 months my shoulders and elbows are killing me it is like a very deep pain (doesnt feel muscular). Especially in my left shoulder. It is swollen, warm and painful. It is hard to pick up a half gallon of milk! my knees hurt occassionally and I have numbness in my hands and arm but I do have a disc bulge at c-3-c4

Weird new thing= So in the last 2 months I have noticed this very strange sensation in my legs, hands wherever it hits. It feels like Im Vibrating...no really ! I keep thinking Im sitting on my cell phone, or its in my lap and ringing BUT ITS NOT the first few times I lauged it off but now its happening more frequently..sounds crazy I know but I wonder if it is the nerves in my body or something. Not painful and doesnt last but really weird!!

I am tired and feel unwell all of the time. I do at home physical therapy for my spine and traction every day. I take muscle relaxers, lyrica (for nerve damage no fibro diagnosis), and pain pills when I absolutely need them.I have had steroid injections alot in my spine . I am on ssdi for the spine stuff (was an at home family therapist for 10 years before injury behavior kiddos need alot of physical restraints that I can no longer do) I have lost alot with all of this no more horses, motorcycles,sports, or even work. I am going back to college soon. I just cant help but think there has to be something else wrong beside the ddd in my back! With all these other crazy symptoms there has to be more! I have had a spine mri and ct. Thank you for taking part of your day to read this I would be interested in hearing about anyone with similar situation or dx's. I have to keep trying to find an explanation since the doc does care and he is not trying to figure this out. Thank You so Much!! -Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Spine/Joint/Stomach probs, lumps, RA? does this sound like you? Age 29

Hi Jen....something about your story is making connections in my head.

Have the found out what the growths are growing on? Are they just in the skin or has anyone tried to see if they are growing on nerves? My brother-in-law had something very much like what you have and it was a spontaneous form of neurofibromatosis. Although most cases start in childhood and there is a genetic component, he had an adult onset with no genetic component.

Anyone ever suggest this?

hugs.........Jenny

Closed Thread