It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User
Fluid under my knee caps?

I'm 21 years old and about 11 months I started developing symptoms of something! It flared up pretty bad and my GP put me on a month course of Prednisone. My main symptoms were dry eyes, dry mouth, swollen, stiff, sore knees and fingers, nose ulcers, rashes, fatigue. I also have Celiac Disease and Raynaud's. I had an weakly elevated ANA on 3 occasions and a weakly elevated ESR one 1 occasion.

The Prednisone was amazing and I got into see a rheumatologist a few days after my Prednisone course finished. She dismissed me saying she couldn't feel any swelling and everything was fine or being masked by the Prednisone and to come back in a month. She ran bloods, everything was normal except my ESR was 18 (0-18). ANA now negative.

I went back to see her a month later and she said she thought my symptoms were 'mechanical' and 'emotional'.. I disagree. I got sent to a physio. The physio says "mechanically you're perfect. Why are you here? You have something rheumatologically wrong" and that I have "fluid under my knee caps". Emotionally I feel fine except that I'm sick and I have no idea why and a doctor that won't take me seriously!

I live in New Zealand, so a slightly different healthcare system here. I'm going to see my GP next week about this all because I can't go back to the rheumatologist I'm currently seeing.

I'm flaring up again and I feel terrible. I don't have heaps of swelling, but I can feel it. No one is helping me and the rheumatologist told me to take OTC NSAIDs (ibuprofen). It isn't touching the pain, it's giving me a sore tummy (I take it with omeprazole) and I'm having flare ups of my asthma, so I'm not keen to keep taking it.

Does my story ring any bells with anyone? Any ideas what could be causing my problems? Or why my rheumatologist would say it's 'emotional' and 'mechanical'? And what I can do to feel better!

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread