It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
(female)

magicminnie HB User
Advice sero negative spondyarthropathy????

Hi everyone I've been suffering with joint pain and stiffness for 2 years now it is worst in my left knee but also in my right knee and both ankles, I also get lower back pain and some pain at the base of my thumb and very occasionally my wrists. I also get quite a few rashes, blisters on my elbows and a purpuric rash on my shins and some other irregular rashes on my legs. I also get very tired and lethargic and get a lot of headaches.

I have seen a rheuamatologist twice but I am not due to see him again till November so see my gp regularly. My diagnosis so far is probably some sort of seronegative spondyarthopathy?

My current meds being managed by my gp are

Depo medrone injection
Oral prednisolone between 5 -15 mg a day depending on how I am
Arcoxia 30mg a day.
Lanzpronaole

I do have side effects from the meds, swelling/odema in my legs, heartburn, nausea and the most depressing of all about a 15lb weight gain which doesn't help getting getting about.

I initially had negative blood tests, but a few months ago just my esr was 60

My recent blood tests were
ESR 16
CRP 0.3
FBC normal
Antinuclear antibody 1:160
IgE <2
celiac TTG negative

Does anyone know what these mean, in particular the antinuclear antibody and the ige.

Other things I get that maybe unrelated are, chronic constipation which is now alternating with diarrhoea, I get very bloated and gassy with stomach pains. I get chronic inflammation in my ear canal and sinutitis.

Sorry this is a long post, was just wondering if anyone has any advice to offer, or could help me understand the bloods and where is go from here, I am not happy taking the steroids but I don't think I have any other options at least until I see the rheumatologist in November.

Thank you in advance
Tanya

Oh by the way I'm 37

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

magicminnie HB User
Re: Advice sero negative spondyarthropathy????

No one? Doesn't anyone even know about the blood results, is ana 1:160 normal?

Please I would be very grateful

Old 09-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
(female)

magicminnie HB User
Advice seronegative arthritis please anyone?????????

I don't know what to do and am hoping someone may reply. I'm really struggling at the moment. I came off my 15mg predniolone and to compensate my gp upped my arcoxia from 60mg to 90mg a day but my knees and ankles have flared up and i am struggling to get about, I have four dogs that must be walked, three children to look after aswell as all the usual chores of daily life. I am 37 but hobbling around like a 90 yr old. My rashes have also gone crazy popping up all over the place but i still dont know what they are.

I really don't want to take the oral pred aswell as the injectable, it makes me gain weight, my legs and face swell and It affects my stomach but without it i can't function, I feel I am slipping into a depression.

Can anyone tell me what is a safe amount of prednisolone to take and for how long. I have been on it for coming up to a year I started at 5mg but then soon needed to increase to 15mg. I don't see my rheumatologist till November but am hoping he may finally give me a specific diagnosis and prescribe something like methotrexate.

Any advice much appreciated

PS the arcoxia is freaking me out a bit too, I have read it's banned in the USA for increasing risk of heart attacks and stroke, I have a family history of both. I am over weight too with all of my weight round my middle which increases the risk of both but how do you lose weight when you cant exercise and the meds your given cause weight gain?

Last edited by magicminnie; 09-26-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

magicminnie HB User

Off to find another board/forum as there's obviously no point posting here!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Hi there, just saw your posting and wanted to respond. Your blood work does not sound too far off, but you definitely have multiple evidence of a possible psoriatic arthritis or ra, or some sort of inflammatory arthritis. You did test negative for Celiac disease, but inflammatory diseases often cause gastric distress. Hopefully in November your rheumy can give you a lot more info on what he/she thinks is going on. Hang in there, I know how distressing it is to not have a firm diagnosis. Oh, there are a lot of people that lurk here, but if they don't know the answer, sometimes will not post. This thread moves much slower than other boards I have noticed.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User

I also have a form of sero-neg arthritis, still working with Rheumy fo figure out which one (or ones!). Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-01-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: posted disallowed websites - please read the posting rules

Closed Thread