It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

PGTallChic23 HB User
Arthritis in Chest

Anyone else been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the chest?

Its very painful and I wanted to know if there were any treatments available other than NSAIDS?

Old 09-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Arthritis in Chest

It's called Costochondritis.....inflammation of the cartilages that span the ribs to the breast bone......it's part of osteoarthritis but not everyone gets it.

It is so common we have an entire board here just for those with costochondritis. Check it out! Good support there.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

AprilD411 HB User
Re: Arthritis in Chest

I'm glad this board is here. It already answered my first question; is it possible to have arthritis in the chest? Obviously it is or this board wouldn't exsist. Now I guess I need to check with my Dr. for a diagnosis though. I googled this because occasionally over the past several months I have experienced some chest pain. I know it must be from some type of cartilidge or joint in my chest, just because of how it is and that it is relieved a bit when I stretch out my chest a bit. Cold weather and bad posture seem to bring it on. I have to get warm if the cold weather is the cause. If it's the bad posture I stretch me shoulders back and forth and I hear a little click and it feels better.
To me that seems like arthritis but I didn't know it was possible to get arthritis in the chest. I thought it was only in joints in the hands or knees or such things.

Does it sound like arthritis to those who have already been diagnosed?

Closed Thread