It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

jpcz HB User
Post op Basal Joint Arthroplasty Of Left Thumb

Im new on here & im two weeks post op from basal joint Arthritis,w/grafted tendon replacement of left thumb. I went to my doctor yesterday to have my staples (24) of them , removed ,and a new cast put on. My hand had alot of burning pain, and disomfort at that time, but last night & today it is really really hurting me. I cannot even stand to do anything withe the left side. Is this normal? Before having the cast changed, i could do some light things with the left hand. How long should this last? Maybe im just a little anxious. Any feedback would help. Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
(male)

JohnN132 HB User
Re: Post op Basal Joint Arthroplasty Of Left Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcz View Post
Im new on here & im two weeks post op from basal joint Arthritis,w/grafted tendon replacement of left thumb. I went to my doctor yesterday to have my staples (24) of them , removed ,and a new cast put on. My hand had alot of burning pain, and disomfort at that time, but last night & today it is really really hurting me. I cannot even stand to do anything withe the left side. Is this normal? Before having the cast changed, i could do some light things with the left hand. How long should this last? Maybe im just a little anxious. Any feedback would help. Thank You
I had my right thumb done a little over a year ago, I have some pain and discomfort in joint, I have my strength back though and the pain isn't as bad as it was before. I do lots of physical labor and it gets sore, but is improved. I don't think I'll ever be pain free, but not keeping me from work and play. It took a long time to heal and get the use of it, I think some of my pain comes from rushing it and pushing well past the Drs limits. Best advice I can give is to stay well within the limits he sets. Good luck, and god bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply