It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
(female)

SplashMom HB User
Supartz? New here with two bad knees :(

Hello, all! I'm new to this site and am glad to have found it. I'll try to keep this short. Degenerative Joint Disease (oseteoarthritis). Had a portion of my right clavicle removed several years ago due to no cartilage left and I was bone-on-bone. Three years ago, my right knee was in bad shape so I had the series of Orthovisc injections and that gave me a good deal of relief that lasted until a month or so ago. In December, I tore my left knee meniscus and had surgery in January. At that time, my doctor told me that knee replacements are my future. Both knees have been hurting badly for the last month or two so I called today to see about getting Orthovisc injections in both knees. The nurse called back and said they use Supartz instead of Orthovisc. They will contact my insurance company for pre-approval. Has anyone here had the Supartz injections and, if so, were they helpful? I need relief soon. Thanks for any info you might have!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Supartz? New here with two bad knees :(

Suparz and Orthovisc are very similar, they both contain hyaluronic acid. It should probably help for a while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
(female)

SplashMom HB User

Well, it's been a month since my last injections and I've had no relief at all from the Supartz injections. I'm really bummed about that. I saw my doctor today for a re-check. We agree that knee replacements are a bit premature. He gave me a prescription for some Voltaren Gel, a topical anti-inflammatory and I am continuing with a combo of maximum strength glucosamine/chondroitin. I think I just need to stop whining.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I am sorry you are having so much pain, my heart goes out to you!!!!
I had them both; never got a relieve. To me it was just waist of money. I heard from people both opinions; some got relieve and for some it wasn't worth it at all.
I guess we all have different issues and different bodies...

Hope you find something to help yourself and soon!
Moldova

Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
(male)

seligdc14 HB User

Not sure about Supartz. I start Euflexxa tomorrow. The first of 3.

Reply Reply