It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

mamabzy2 HB User
Nodules

I have a large nodule on my elbow. I notice there is another smaller nodule on top of it. Is this normal?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Nodules

Welcome on board !
Nodules can relate to many reason.
I have couple auto-immune conditions and one of them RA.
RA nodules manifest on my body, feels like under the skin, they small, pea like soft bumps. I have many of them. I also have what it called RA LUNG, where all lymph nodes enlarged and fluid on the lungs, this all related to RA and Lupus I have.

In my personal opinion, I would ask my DR what this exactly is... Hard to say just by reading your post. But If you didn't have them before, it must be checked. Even infection can cause them, you know?

All the best to you
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
(female)

mamabzy2 HB User

My nodule comes from RA. I have many of them but was just wondering if anyone had one on top of another. My RA is in my feet, ankles,knees and hands.I also have one nodule on one of my lungs.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Mamabzy,
just out of curiosity, you say you have RA in feet, ankles, and some other places. Do you mean the damage done by RA in these places?
The reason I ask is that RA affects the whole body; OA may affect just knee or ankle and fingers... You know what I mean?
And if you got damages in places you mentioned, how does it feel? What exactly, besides the pain, RA done to these body parts?

I just want to meet someone who goes through same thing I do and to be able to share with them our similar symptoms; makes sense? RA can be mild or very advance and severe I have. It can cause damages to the body and it may not. Some people live their lives with it not even feeling they have it. Can you imagine how lucky they are?

OK, just a question.
All the best from me.
Moldova

Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
(female)

mamabzy2 HB User

Moldova
I have pain off and on in my knees and ankles. In my feet my toes are bent and some overlap.My large toes has turn so much it can cause me to loose my balance if I move to quick. The knuckles on my hands are large and my fingers are curved. When this all started it hit me like sledge hammer I had days where I could barley walk from the pain. There have been days where I could not move my arm or hands. One morning I woke up thought I had red eye the doctor told me no it wasn't it was from my RA. When all this started my boss at work told me I needed to get healthy due the fact I had missed 2 weeks of work because my knees were swollen so bad I couldn't walk.I have some of my co-workers go so far as to say I was faking. People that don't have this have no idea how bad it can get.
I was 37 years old when it started I have manged to keep my job. Now here I am 59 years old was force to retire after 32 years of service. I have an interview with ssi to see if I can get disability.
Yes I do understand how nice it is to have someone that understands.

Your friend
Mamabzy2

Last edited by mamabzy2; 05-23-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Reply Reply