It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

payers24 HB User
Joint Aching, Constant Cracking - Occurred Suddenly

I have no idea what is going on with me. About three weeks ago I started getting fairly severe pain in the right side of my chest. My doctor diagnosed it as Costochondritis and prescribed Naproxen.

Last Sunday, all of my joints started cracking. There was little pain at first, but now they are really achy. When I sit in place, my joints feel really tight and when I move them they crack. My jaw is cracking, my ankles, my wrists, shoulders, and I have pain and cracking on both sides of my chest now. I went to the ER the other night with the new symptoms. They gave me a steroid pack and told me to follow up with my doctor early next week.

The ER doctor was leaning towards it being some type of arthritis. Is there any arthritis that comes on this sudden. Has anyone had similar symptoms with a diagnosis? It hurts and more importantly its really annoying. My joints feel so tight, but I don't want to move because I know that means more cracking and more pain.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Joint Aching, Constant Cracking - Occurred Suddenly

Hello and welcome!

I am very sorry you in so much pain, I wish I could help you with your issues. Honestly, I never heard of Arthritis come so sudden and affect your body this much. Besides, crackling is not necessarily sign of Arthritis.
It can be some type of inflammation and it can be due to so many other condition.
Did they do any blood work on you?
Did you go to see your DR ? I would go to see GP and see what is his opinion and go from there.
ER is not for problems like this, you need to see Medical DR. At ER they may help you with something very acute, like appendicitis, heart attack where they need to save your life. This is why you will not get any answers there for your symptoms.

I wish I could help you more dear
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
(male)

C4RL HB User
Re: Joint Aching, Constant Cracking - Occurred Suddenly

Did you find out what this was, i have the same issue

Reply Reply