It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

melaniehardy HB User
Unhappy PMR or GCA??? So confused.

I have had MS symptoms for years. In Aug of 2011 I began having a horrible headache on my right side, between my ear and my temple. It goea away with Imitrex. I usually have it a couple times a month and it is unbearable. In March I got a cold that turned into bronchitis. I was perscribed antibiotics and the cough went away, however, I got pain in my entire body. It is worse in the morning and after sitting for 15 min or more. A couple weeks ago, I developed a terrible cough, it was dry, persistant and continuous. I went to the doc and she ordered some blood work and gave me antibiotics. The cough got a bit better, but I still had the body pain, along with blurry vision at the end of the day, fatigue and stomach issues as well as some bladder incontinence. I went back to the doc who said my bloodwork showed inflammation but everything else was fine. She suggested that it may be MS, but wanted to check another blood test to see if it too was elevated. She did and it was. She said she felt I had PMR, and I began 15 mg of prednisone this morning. I've done some research and am afraid that the headache and cough may suggest GCA and that my taking 15 mg of Pred will not alleviate my symptoms. The doc said if it doesn't then it's not PMR. She pressed on my temples and said there was another condition, GCA, but since my head was not tender then it's not that. Also, I am only 41. I see online that a person does not have to have all of the symptoms of GCA to have it and that it can be an emergency. I don't know what to do. I've started the Pred, and am doing what my doc suggest, but I'm still afraid that she is missing this. I am going to have and MRI next week to rule out MS.

Last edited by melaniehardy; 07-04-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: title not good

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
(female)

Astrader HB User
Re: so confused and scared

Trust your instincts!! If you know she is missing it, you need to stay persistent and demand more tests. You are your own advocate! Good luck to you

Reply Reply