It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
(male)

derw24 HB User
Thumbs up ankylosing spondylitis

hi there folks well is there anybody out there with as and how do you deal with pain upon waking up early in morning and does it actually wake you up from sleep

Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
(female)

Lilbop HB User
Re: ankylosing spondylitis

Make sure you have a good mattress, and try to stretch before getting out of bed- the pain gets better with moving around

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
(female)

Serce HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by derw24 View Post
hi there folks well is there anybody out there with as and how do you deal with pain upon waking up early in morning and does it actually wake you up from sleep
I have both AS and Osteoarthritis. I used to do quarter turns all night long......exhausting, the pain would continuously require that I move to a non pain position and then the pain would start in the new position. The inflammation was very high then. I was on some very serious meds then to help me sleep, lessen pain. I was overdoing it by being too active and doing too much bottom line. Movement is key, but how you move is equally important. Water is an awesome way to exercise without putting pressure on joints/discs. Celebrex has helped me a good bit. Move better, more flexibility, less pain. I was lucky and found a wonderful rheumatologist when I was 42, now I'm 56. The arthritis has gotten much worse as I've aged, sigh.......we have to move and we have to rest, it's almost constant......the need to do both in order to have mobility. Take care.....best wishes to you finding help and relief! Serce

Old 07-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
(female)

Serce HB User

p.s. yes i wake up from pain and mornings are slow going.......have to be very patient and cheer myself on.......hang in there!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
(female)

zebra57 HB User

Not AS, but I have psoriatic arthritis. Yes, mornings suck, but suck less on biologics. I still roll over on side and push body up with hands. But that's after I stretch everything gently. I'm a morning shower type of person, so that helps, too. I'm usually moving fairly well in an hour and almost normally in 3....about time to go to work. It's an active job in medical field, so I have a nice balance of activity. End of the night, going to bed, a nice muscle relaxant and I sleep good for 4 hrs, then spend the rest of the night tossing/turning as the stiffness takes hold. Then start all over. Ask your rheumy about this, he may be able to help with muscle relaxants, NSAIDs. I'm on MTX, folate, Simponi and Mobic.

Reply Reply