It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

cole617 HB User
Could this be Arthritis???

Hi All

I have noticed a very painful feeling in either my hand (left hand ringer finger) another at my thumb, now getting it in my toes. I can't really explain the pain it's sort of sharp (VERY painful) and it feels like my finger or toes is separated from either my other fingers or toes when it happens. Also had the pain in my leg today. My mother says it's arthritis she has the same pain she says. I had my thyroid taken out this past march and 1 parathyroid also removed I am on Synthroid (generic kind I forget the name of it). Also taking 50,000 mlg of Vitamin D 1x per week and calcium supplement. Anyone ever experience these types of pains?

I also should add the pain lasts for about 15 minutes.

Last edited by cole617; 07-12-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

nola HB Usernola HB Usernola HB User
Re: Could this be Arthritis???

Is it like a cramping sensation at all? If it's not arthritis it could be some kind of vitamin deficiency, like B12 for example. Even though you take calcium and vit D, you may be a little low on B12, unless you know you are not. I'd go see the doc if it doesn't go away. There are various types of arthritis and people feel it differently, so no way for me to tell for sure in your situation. For example, the arthritis in my neck feels different than the arthritis in my hands and forearms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Could this be Arthritis???

Hi Neighbor,

While of course it can be Arthritis, it can be due to something else... so many different types of conditions can cause joint/bone pain. You may be surprise to know that simple sore throat also may cause joints and bones pain; low levels of vitamin(agree with previous poster) or even anemia . Any mild infection somewhere in your system may also affect joints. Only Dr can give you diagnoses after evaluation and testing if needed.
Symptoms may be similar to 10 different people; all 10 of them may have different conditions while having same pain.

Best wishes
Moldova

Reply Reply