It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
(male)

jeremycobble HB User
Hello I am new to this message board for RA

About a month and a half ago I had some blood tests done and my sed rate was 22 and a positive for RA factor, since then my family doctor has me on Sulfasalazine 2000mg every day, and I am waiting for a call from a Rheum. that my doctor refered me to. I was wondering what will the first visit to a Rheumatologist be like? I have been experiencing pain in my elbows since i was a kid and since 2003 I developed Chronic Daily Migraines, and have had swelling and pain in my hands, elbows, knees and ankles. Plus due to the inactivity from trying to deal with the pain, i've put on a few extra pounds which doesnt help now that I have been Diagnosed with RA from my family doctor. I dont know of any of my family members having RA, Osteo yes but no RA, I have been to a Neuro for the migraines. Which has led me to no conclusions about the pain, but being on the sulfasalazine the migraines have diminished. So far that i can see i have no deformities of my skeletal frame. I really dont know what else to put down i was just curious about what to expect from the Rheumatologist when i get to see him/her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Hello I am new to this message board for RA

Welcome on board!

Usually at your first app with RA Dr. they ask you your medical history. RA not necessarily runs in a family. Make sure you tell him/her everything bothers you and maybe details you feel are not important.
For example, for years I had to be under Pulmonologist care due to lung problems. They were watching me for cancer and see if area is growing. So at my first app I made sure I tell her about my pains, but nothing about lungs. Only when she asked me about Drs I saw for the last couple years and I mentioned my lung diagnoses, she almost jumped saying that this diagnoses mean "RA Lung". So finally all is in a right place...

Honestly, I read so many times that sed rate of 22 and positive for RA may mean nothing or it can mean something too. I am sure your RA DR will want to run her own testing to make sure what your problems are. Don't you worry yet, it may be something not related to RA.

Best wishes
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply