It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Unhappy How does it come on so suddenly??

Okay so along with many other's I am aging (turned 59 in June). I'm not sure if it is arthritis I assume it is and my Dr quickly looked at the bumps around my joints and said they were arthritis bumps-and that was that. My arthritis initially started in my right finger beside my thumb. Then it went to my left finger beside my thumb. Now it is in all my finger's and they are so sore. A couple of my finger joints are now laced in bumps around the joints. I also have it in my right knee and if I kneel on it the pain!! When I feel my knee joint it doesn't feel the same as my left knee.

I had a bad full body fall landing on my right side side dislocating my shoulder. I totally pulverized my rotator cuff so not much is holding my shoulder in place-I had surgery 2 years ago and the very night of the surgery it dislocated again-the pain is like no other!! I have nerve damage all down my right side-from my shoulder to my toes.

I hurt all the time-I am hobbleing around right now with what I guess is sciatica-my right butt is killing me down my leg to my feet. I don't just allow it to settle in I always keep myself busy. I am on muscle relaxer's and aleve or tramadol or T3's or Advil (I switched my pain meds around so I am not constantly on one) But even with my pain meds I hurt.

I keep this to myself because no one wants to here about another's woes-they continue to live life and I'm to embarrassed to say I'm too sore or too tired because I don't get to sleep until 4:00am because I can't get comfortable.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1996 and have been subject to many flares-and they are roaming flares not always in the same area. My arm I have to be so careful with it because I don't know what they will do if it dislocates again-all that is holding it up there is scar tissue from surgery. I have so much pain with that-I can get good use of my arm but after a few hours I can barely lift my arm up-it paralizes. My balance is bad because my who physical carriage got thrown out of alignment. Whaaaaaaaaaaa I wonder if this is arthritis or rhuematory arthritis or a sign of something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: How does it come on so suddenly??

I would definitely see a rheumatologist or ask your PCP to run an arthritis panel for you, which includes inflammatory markers, a rheumatoid factor, a lupus test, a strept test and test for gout. This could be RA with the acute onset and multiple joints involved. Treatment for inflammatory arthritis is different than for osteoarthritis, the wear and tear type from just aging. So it pays to check it out so you can get appropriate treatment, pain control, and prevent deformity.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
ebrena (08-03-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Re: How does it come on so suddenly??

I had gout around 1990 I was woken to severe pain on my big toe-I lived rural and it felt like something had come in through my window and ripped my big toe off. My son was 17 and in the bedroom next to me, I crawled crying and screaming into his bedroom-of course I freaked him out. He said "well what's wrong?" and I said I don't have any idea and asked him to turn his light on and tell me if my toe had been ripped off. Now back then I was in my 30's and would go out with my friends and drink cider and ate fish and chips etc so it could have been from lifestyle, I don't drink, smoke or eat much anymore so it can't be diet. My large knuckles on my hand get so sore I ran hot water on them the other night. Another thing my toes on my right foot ache so much at times & at times I feel like I don't have toes on that foot-they feel so cold at times I walk around with one sock on my right foot. Seems my right side is taking a beating. My left hand is beginning to get sore now. Life!! Thanks for replying ladybug.

Reply Reply

Tags
arthritis, fibromyalgia and hip pain, fibromyalgia flares and arthritis