It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
(male)

KieranPerth HB User
I'm young!

Hi guys, I'd like to say firstly I'm new to this website, thanks to Google. My name is Kieran.

I've had a very painful problem over the past two months. Recently my toe nails started to come off, however that got treated and now is curing.

A week after, I started to get really bad pains in both feet, bruising and swelling. I left it for a week and then phoned NHS 24, they said it could be just soreness and I should rest. However it kept going on and it was getting worse.

My symtbs were/are

Swollen feet, purple bruising and aching no matter what I do whether I am resting them. So last night I kind of used force wording to get seeing to. Which is a struggle here in Scotland. The doctor was shocked how I was walking on them, he took a urine sample and found protein in my urine. Today, I went and seen my GP, she took a blood sample and suggests it could be Arthritis. However I'm 19 years old lad!

I am waiting on my results on Tuesday, I must admit when I'm on my feet for half hour it's so sore and this has been the case since I was 16 and thought nothing of it. However, my work isn't really helping I am on my feet all day.

Any advice, or experiences would be great thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: I'm young!

Hello and welcome!

While protein in a urine may be totally different issue than your feet, it still may be due to Diabetes or some kind of kidney dysfunction. It needs to be checked.
I am not a DR but what you wrote ring a bell for me. I suffer with RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome) as a complication after my spinal fusion. RSD may appear after surgery especially if nerves were involved, as well as any trauma: sprains, damage to blood vessels and nerves, fractures, and even some brain injures.
I am picture perfect when comes to symptoms. The fact that your feet are "bruised" which probably meant purple in color, tells me that this may be a case. Remember again I am not a doctor and can't diagnose you, just my own experience only.
Symptoms I experience:
Leg (my right leg affected) and foot gets swollen and purple in color. Although sometimes it may be very pale or red too.
Due to swolliness, skin texture changed: very thin and shiny, sometimes gets very sweaty and cold.
Changes in skin sensitivity: even when sheets touch my skin on this leg is hurts, it impossible to handle.
Mostly leg is very cold, although sometimes it may be very hot.
Burning pain; do you experience any burning pain? This symptom shows nerve been damaged/involved.
You said you lost your nails; definitely RSD affects your nail growth patterns, although I never lost my nails. Again, all depends what causing your RSD and symptoms may be a bit different.

You said you lost your nails and it got treated. Was it nail fungus? RSD can't be treated, no cure- no treatments. Nothing can help your nails if you have RSD.
The burning pain- no matter either you stand, walk or sit or in bed - pain is there, resting is not a help for it. Do you experience stiffness too? RSD affected joint / body part usually very stiff and affects joint motor ability thus decreases ability to move body part/joint.

I am not sure what is your problem, but just an advice, discuss this possibility with your DR. And think hard what could cause your issue since RSD doesn't just appears, it should be something causing it.
Did you have any resent surgeries, trauma which could cause nerve or blood vessels damage, did you hit your head by any chance?
Your body is crying for help, tells you something you need just to listen and try to help.

Wishing you best luck and hope your DR will find the way to help you.
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply