It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
Exclamation Osteo question-have it in entire spine but....

So I have known for almost 15 yrs that I have osteo throughout my entire spine, and back then each Dr said Wow, you have the spine of an elderly person back then. Well, for apx past 5 years I have slowly developed what I think is osteo in my hands, finger joints, feet, toe joints. It's worse upon waking up, depending on weather horrible some days. I am wondering this: is there any point in going to get xrays for true diagnosis? I mean, my pain meds help, and when I work, I have minimum to no pain as I typed for 8 hours a day. I just had a spinal fusion, and my finger, hand foot pain was gone until past two days, now It's back. Just wondering why it was "gone" post op apx 7 weeks? All the anesthesia, post op meds maybe? Also, does osteo travel as you age? Should I expect it.to eventually get my knees and elbows? Just curious. I know I got it from my mom and her mom, but they just Got.it with natural age. Dr has no idea why I got it in my late 20's/early 30's. Thanks for all advice. Oh, prior to my fusion I took Mobic for arthritis, but had to stop it and.take.tylenol #3 pre op, and Now am on Tramadol and Valium post op.
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Osteo question-have it in entire spine but....

Some people with OA are luckier than other: some of us have just in one joint and others wide spread. For some pain may be level 3 for others 7. You can't have one answer fits all; I know it would be nice, but it's not happening.
I agree 100% that you do have to get right diagnoses. Get fully checked, and only than take your pain meds. You have to know if this is just OA, what is this some kind auto-immune condition since so may joints are involved and you loosing you time not being treated with right drugs??
Our spine, in healthy individuals too, start changes as early as age 25. At 24 I had my first knee surgery due to OA.
We all age differently, my mother in law is 86, she never had any OA, just some changes but never had a pain pill in her mouth. And here you see little kids crippled with pain and bad Arthritis.
Women due to menopause, hormones, Osteoporosis have different bone/joint age. I had my hysterectomy with no hormones after at age 35, so I can't expect to have my bones as healthy as someone who is in 50 and still not at menopause stage, she may go and go and I am invalid. You know what I mean?

So we all different, we age at different pace.
Wishing you luck
Moldova

The following user gives a hug of support to Moldova:
Donna022 (10-13-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Moldova For This Useful Post:
workinmom572 (09-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply