It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
(male)

johnny1959 HB User
desparate,are these flairs

Hi,
I am new here . I have r/a for fie years or so. My rheumy said I probably had it 3 years before being diagnosed. I have been taking mthxt/2weekly and two hydroxychloroquin daily along with folic for two years or so now. I took prednisione for six months and have been weaned off it for more than a year. I am experiencing periodic episodes of the muscle stiffness, low grade fever, joint pain, fatigue, joint swelling etc. These are sometimes brief,for a couple of days or so. When it is of this duration I usually dont get into the swollen joints stage. Recently I am experiencing longer bouts and it is more painful in my joints. Currently my hands are slighly swollen at the base of the thumbs,hot and painful,my ankles feel about the same as my thumb area. It is also the first time that my hips are bothering me in the same way. It is hard for me to figure out what is going on sometimes because I have worked construction jobs and labor for 36 years and I experience a LOT of different pains from the variouse injuries and wear and tear on myself. I am driven to actual tears every once in a while at work when everything is kicking me at once, and I am now getting to the desperate stage. I am trying to learn how to better comunicate my health statuto my doctor. That is the main reason of my post today. If you can help me learn, please give me your advice. Thanks, john

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: desparate,are these flairs

Hello John,

I would like to share with you my point of view on your problems. First of all, we all know when we get our stiffness, pain, swollen joints back - it means we got either a bump on a road (flair) or our treatments reached a plateau. I was changed from one drug to another as soon as my RA Dr sees the stiffness and swollen joints/soft tissue is back. I don't even have to tell her about my pains, she just tells me it simply not working and no reason to risk it.
Honestly, I don't do well with doctors who don't listen or don't care. I look for someone else. I travel for almost 2 hours to see my doctors because of my poor previous experiences. It took me a long time to finally find a team of doctors I am happy with. If you not happy the way your Dr communicates with you, time to change and go to someone else who will listen to you. This is simple advice and only this works. You can't make them care or listen if they don't know how or never done it. Just time for you to think and move on.
I know it's bad enough for people to deal with their health issues, no need to deal with cold doctors.

Just my 2 cents.
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply