It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(male)

andy303 HB User
Post Rheumatoid Arthritis Medication

I am suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis and one of my friend has suggest me to take (Celebrex) for its treatment. I would like to know if someone has its real experience in positive or negative way.

Last edited by andy303; 10-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis Medication

Celebrex is used as an antiinflammatory agent in arthritis in general. It may be helpful and if your arthritis is mild, may be enough. Many people with RA require stronger meds, but I would talk to your Dr and maybe you can get some samples to try to make sure it agrees with you. Long term use of NSAIDS can cause ulcers in stomach and kidney problems, so be aware of potential side effects if you are on it daily for any length of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmith30 View Post
I am suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis and one of my friend has suggest me to take (Celebrex) for its treatment. I would like to know if someone has its real experience in positive or negative way.
Hi there, I suffered Rheumatism for like 8 years until I started ayurvedic treatment. No side effects. My back actually got better and I'm off medication for that. Most pills given for RA must be having bad side effects in the longer term. They don't really promise a cure to the best of my knowledge. Since it is early days, ayurveda might really be able to help you. A good practitioner would know what to do and how exactly to treat. Hope you find relief

Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
(male)

andy303 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis Medication

Thanks a lot for your Valuable advice . Will surely do some research on Ayurveda treatment told by you :-)

Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
(female)

Hi Andy,

Tell you about something I was told when taking ayurvedic treatment. I was told not to take any 'acidic' foods. This means tomatoes, lime, ....things that are sour in taste which has the 'acid' component...vinegar, pineapple, included. Sometimes even oranges can be sour and green apples / grapes. Generally avoiding these (limiting) may actually help you immediately. I hope you find a good practitioner. There are instances you can do ayurveda without stopping the western medicine. So, that way, you don't have to give the existing meds up. Ask your practitioner. They will tell you the necessary. I wish you well.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
(male)

achillez16 HB User

Hey Gugulimo .. . if possible could u please elaborate on what medication you are exactly taking .. I mean the name . . I tried out some but i always end up with aggravated symptoms. .. I think i am not taking the right medication i guess. .

I would really appreciate if you could reply . thanks,

Old 10-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
(female)

Hi there, My medication actually varied from time to time. Initially to my understanding, I was given things to calm down the "Thri Dosha" (meaning "3 faults" which are namely phlem (khappa), vatha (air that is withing the body) and pitta (acid)). After these are balanced then I believe the treatment began for Rheumatism. Again varying types of medicine was given and some didn't have names written. Certain ones I vividly remember repeating like:

1. Ramabana Rasa
2. Seetharama Vati
3. Rumalaya Forte (by Himalaya Company in India)
4. Rasnadi Guggulu
5. Vata Vidvansa Rasa
6. Vata Roga Vati
7. Kukkutandakwak Bhashma
8. Agni Tundi Vati
9. Arogya Wardhana Vati
10. Sinhanada Gugul
11. Ratta Devduru Kwatha

These are some. But not all of them at once. Different combinations were used with other medicines PLUS oils to apply externally, various heat applying mechanisms (like herbs heated up in a pack / salt heated up on sand etc) plus various Pattu (meaning barks of trees and herbs heated and formed into pastes) for external application. These were especially for ligaments and pain. I had lost a cartilage that was between two bones on the spine due to excess toxins (toxin accumulation is a major part of Rheumatism). Within 3-4 days of applying a Pattu, this cartilage was rebuilt and normalized which was pretty amazing. So, it is wondrous to say the least but you must get the right practitioner. Someone who knows exactly how to treat.

One thing in particular is that medicine I was given "Rumalaya Forte". If you check the Himalaya Herbal Healthcare website you can find this. This drug was one of the MAJOR ones that were used and continued for like 2.5 months straight.

The way to ayurveda is to find a good practitioner. There are ones who can listen to your "nadi" meaning heart beat, and tell what problems you have. They can by listening to the heart rhythm even tell whether there are things like cancer without looking at a single blood report or anything. It is a very different way of treatment and not everyone has the skill. Recently my father went to the same doctor that I go to and after listening to his heart he simply asked "do you have a back problem?" and yes, my father suffers from slipped disc from time to time. This was not why he went to the doctor that day. He went there with a different problem. Another time with a different practitioner (again one using the heart beat diagnosis), someone I know was told "Did anyone tell you recently that you have brain cancer?", that was EXACTLY why that person went to this doctor but this was asked before telling anything or getting any reports. His cancer was fully cured. All this simply by listening to the heart. It is amazing , the skill they have. Some practitioners are like this. They don't have the internet or computers or they don't even know your full name! So, they are very real and very skilled and not hoaxes. There are also some other practitioners that only go by the book I feel and then I wouldn't know to comment on the effectiveness of their diagnosis and treatment.

BTW, sometimes it is natural with ayurveda that you experience an increase of symptoms BEFORE the decrease happens. Some reaction the body has and I have experienced this a lot while taking my meds and many times felt that I was getting worse. But this worsening is not the worsening of the illness...mostly just aches and pains that are temporary. The next dose by the doctor sorted these out most of the time and after medicine is discontinued, the aches go away by themselves.

I hope this helps you both :-) Anything else, do not hesitate to write back.

Last edited by Gugulimo; 10-17-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
(male)

achillez16 HB User

Hey Gugulimo , Thanks for taking the time to reply .. .i really appreciate it. . big help :-)

Reply Reply