It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

srqsusie61 HB User
Kenalog Injection

Help!!!! I have had a couple of Kenalog injections in the past several months for RA. I NOW have huge dimple on the outside of my upper right arm and looks disfigured. Anyone else???

Old 10-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Kenalog Injection

Hi,
I am so sorry you got such side effect from the shot.
I have RA but had never had this type drugs. I inject myself every week for years in a stomach or upper thigh but except some redness and puffiness never had any problems. I had never heard it can disfigure one's body.

Did you discuss this problem with your DR.? Did they every hear about same problem from any of their patients?

Sorry, I wish I could help you more, but feel that only your DR may help.

Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

pj45236 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srqsusie61 View Post
Help!!!! I have had a couple of Kenalog injections in the past several months for RA. I NOW have huge dimple on the outside of my upper right arm and looks disfigured. Anyone else???
I just submitted a question on this exact topic. It is a rather large indentation on the hip where the injection was given. The doctor doesn't want to talk about it. I'm trying to find out where to turn for help. I found some comments from 2008 on this site and at that time they indicated they would be willing to turn to legal help. I'd like to know what can be done. If you get some info, please let me know and I'll do the same.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
(male)

lordkevin HB User

Thanks for the nice post....

Old 12-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

That's a standard possible side effect of these injections. A general search should produce several listings.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

Any dent or indentation will fill in over time. It is a side effect that sometimes happens with Kenolog injections. Not due to the technique of the person giving the injection.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
(female)

pj45236 HB User

Misty, Thanks. This is the first positive comment I've seen on this subject and I feel a little better. I hope and pray it does not get worse or that other side effects don't start as well. I appreciate your reply very much...Pam

Reply Reply