It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

jayjc HB User
Rheumatoid arthritis

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 3-4 months ago. My questions is, can rheumatoid arthritis cause pain in your breast? I have been having pain near my armpit area on the right side. No lump, just soreness...almost like a bruised feeling. I have read where rheumatoid arthritis can cause pain many different places and wondered if anyone else had experienced this? Thank you!

Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
(female)

Favre4MVP HB User
Re: Rheumatoid arthritis

Hi,
I have had RA for 5 years. My initial diagnosis came from a diagnosis of costochondritis, which may be what you are experiencing. You may want to look it up, but it is basically the inflammation of the cartilege (sp) in your rib cage. My chest and sides hurt so bad, I had to go to the ER. The pain mimics a heart attack, so they put me through all the paces before the final diagnosis. I haven't had an attack that bad since then, but it does flare up a few times a month. Especially if I am coughing alot. It kind of feels like someone is giving me a tight bear hug and won't let go. Usually a heating pad helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
(female)

75shann HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjc View Post
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 3-4 months ago. My questions is, can rheumatoid arthritis cause pain in your breast? I have been having pain near my armpit area on the right side. No lump, just soreness...almost like a bruised feeling. I have read where rheumatoid arthritis can cause pain many different places and wondered if anyone else had experienced this? Thank you!
Jayjc ~ I also have RA and was diagnoised in mid 2010. I have recently noticed tenderness in my breast also. It almost feels lik my normal PMS symptoms but it occurs when I'm not close to my cycle. I've been concerned about it also. I have fibro. as well and I have alot of wacky pains everywhere!! I've passed it off as part of the fibro. or RA, but really need to get it checked out.

The Following User Says Thank You to 75shann For This Useful Post:
prettymommykc (12-16-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
(female)

yrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB User

Holy Cow!! I have not been diagnosed with RA yet (insurance stale mate) but my doc is thinking RA, Lupus or MS and maybe MD (similar and in the same family as MS) Back to the topic, So I get the normal PMS stuff when I am supposed to. But there are times that I have VERY tender breasts and pain in the armppit area that you mentioned. I never mentioned it to my doc because I just thought my hormones were crazy and confused. Then I stumbled across this (I have never been on the arthritis board). I do believe that I will be talking to the doc about it. Hmmmm

Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
(female)

75shann HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsofpainsucks View Post
Holy Cow!! I have not been diagnosed with RA yet (insurance stale mate) but my doc is thinking RA, Lupus or MS and maybe MD (similar and in the same family as MS) Back to the topic, So I get the normal PMS stuff when I am supposed to. But there are times that I have VERY tender breasts and pain in the armppit area that you mentioned. I never mentioned it to my doc because I just thought my hormones were crazy and confused. Then I stumbled across this (I have never been on the arthritis board). I do believe that I will be talking to the doc about it. Hmmmm
I haven't spoke to my doc. about it yet either bc I just chalked it up to all my other health issues. But the tenderness is so bad it hurts to wear a bra! My mthly. cycle is extremely painful due to the Fibro.
I just joined the healthboard & I hope to make new friends that share the same struggles.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
(male)

henry88 HB User

Well, though I am not affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis but have known that this kinda Arthritis is more found in females than in males. In this case the cartilage is spoiled along with joint pain causing stiffness. There are different kinda RA that affects different organs of the body like hands, wrists, ankles and more.

Reply Reply