Since May my left hand pinky started to swollen (the last joint). At first I thought I did some wrong move playing guitar. After two months the swelling was bigger and so was the pain. I had morning stiffness of feet since about 5 years ago, but I usually exercise in the morning, so it wasn’t much of a problem. Now the stiffness is also in hands and the last joints of left hand fingers started swollen.
It looks like I have osteoarthritis, according to a rheumatologist I visited several months ago. I did a set of blood tests but nothing unusual came up. He prescribed me some powerful anti-inflammatory pills and glucosamine. No effect.
Meanwhile I did an x-ray and show it to an orthopedist. He said “this isn’t arthritis; the joint space is normal” and he gave me a splint to wear it for two weeks. No result.
Then, another MD recommended me physiotherapy. No effect (and it looks like voodoo).
What I am looking for is an alternate diagnostic. Here is some more information:
- About two months after my beloved pinky started to hurt, a tiny kidney stone blocked my right kidney, so I wore a Cook stent for about 3 weeks. The doctors ruled out any link since the blood tests were fine.
- The pain seemed to vanish when I took antibiotics for the above problem.
- The pain almost goes away with paracetamol + pseudoephedrine or just pseudoephedrine. And the effect is durable and much more noticeable than in the case of the prescribed anti-inflammatory. Ah, and I can easily take off my wedding ring
- About 20 years ago I got lung sarcoidosis.
- I have chronic nasal congestion (that’s why I, sometimes, take ParaSinus).