It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
(female)

ruth7649 HB User
Psoriatic Arthritis

Hello
I am new to this board, am 63 and have been experiencing many symptons, pitted nails, white spots on legs, high inflamation count, sed, Crt, psoriasis in eyes, scalp, toes swollen and bent, can't feel them at times, top joints in fingers with nodules and mild deformity which is getting worse fast. and pain,fatigue. My rheumatologist did not recognize my skin was psoriatic because it is atypical. Just many many white spots on my thighs and legs, back of my knees. I had rotator cuff surgery last June and had the worst flare in my body.In August I was so bad, my primary care told the rheumatologist I need meds. So I took massive doses of Prednisone , now I just take on a day and Methrotrexate injection, once a week. It has been four months and I think the methtrexate is starting to work. I am not so tired and sometimes I can wiggle my toes. My rotator cuff hasn't healed because of the prednisone and is still very painful. I am truly a depressed mess. Has anyone waited so long for treatment as my high inflammation numbers go back to at least 2008, and the fingers and toes go back even earlier. Or had an atypical rash? Thank you for reading this.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

ArthritisGirl HB User
Re: Psoriatic Arthritis

Hello!
Sorry to hear about the troubles Psoriatic Arthritis have been giving you. It's never fun to recover.
I actually went about ten years before seeing rheumatology (most people did not believe I was in pain). And it was one and a half years before a solid diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis. The arthritis did take it's toll (especially on a growing body, since I had it since I was little), but I did not get much swelling. However I did have a lot of inflamation, though I can't tell you those rates.
Yes, I have had an atypical rash during my first flare up. The skin was itchy and dry, and almost like psoriasis though it did go away. I do not have Psoriasis of the skin, just evidence in my nails.

If you need to talk about arthritis, you can send me an email at:
GirlWithArthritis@yahoo.com
My blog:
Arthritisgirl.********.com

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
(male)

henry88 HB User

Sorry to hear the troubles that have been haunting you till date. Well I have never been through such ordeals and I wish no one to go through such worse situations. Its good to hear that your body is responding to the medications you have been taking. Just don't get frustrated you will find many ways to tackle such disturbances in life. Just follow the tips that your doctors recommend you to get rid of Psoriatic Arthritis and this would definitely you.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #4
(male)

dredwinf HB User

Sorry to listen to the troubles that are haunting you until date. Well I even have ne'er been through such ordeals and that i want nobody to travel through such worse things. Its sensible to listen to that your body is responding to the medications you have got been taking. simply do not get annoyed you'll notice many ways to tackle such disturbances in life. simply follow the guidelines that your doctors suggest you to urge eliminate rheumatism and this might positively you.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
(male)

txflowerchild HB User

Hi all you PA bums. I'm kinda new to this section of the boards, in that I was treated for lupus for two years before a new rhuematologist changed my diagnosis to PA. I never bought into the lupus diagnosis, but my wife was saying I was just in denial. But everything I read about lupus didn't line up with my symptoms and so after two years of treatment with prednisone and plaquinil, I was seeing no progress. The rashes were just driving me crazy, so I decided to change doctors. The next one said right off that he was 100 percent SURE I didnt have Lupus and believed I had PA. I have to admit, now I believe the PA diagnosis is correct and we are making some progress. Started me on the Methatrexate and the rashes started to go away. But when I stopped the prednisone, the pain in my joints just went crazy. I'm hoping for some improvement in the joint pain, but for now, I'm happy. Plus, I wasn't too crazy about taking the plaquinil and prednisone.

I'm a 62-year old male with rashes on my elbows, ankles and and thighs. The rash on my ankles has been the worst by far, but its pretty well hidden by my jeans. I have a lot of pain in my fingers, toes and the balls of my feet. I also have really bad pain in my knees right now. Fortunately, I'm still able to work, but its a real ***** the first couple hours, then it suddenly gets a lot better, and Im pretty good the rest of the day.

I'm taking 8 methatrexate pills each week and so far I've not had any problems with taking the medicine. A lady I work with says her mother has been taking the methatrexate for several years without any problems so I guess there are no serious side effects. I'm also taking the folic acid.

Reply Reply