It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
(female)

kgat98 HB User
Question Treatments

I need some hope.
Someone have some medecine stories?
someone tried alternatives or something new?
I have failed,failed and just failed so many drugs for
my JRA and thing just never seems to end..
Actemra?IVIG?Kineret?Rituxan?Others?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
(female)

Salfraij HB User
Re: Treatments

Hi dear,
Last year I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.
I was not able to live a normal life not even less than normal. Doctors were just describing a medication after another with no results. That caused me depression.
Then I searched online, I found that cupping (hujama in Traditional Arabic Medicine) decreased some pain of some people.
As cupping is already familiar to me & it helped me before with many diseases, I decided to do it especially that doesn't have any side effects for my body.
The next day after doing the cupping with a registered consultant I started to feel better, more energy, less pain, and the most important that I quit rheumatoid medications.
I think repeating the process depends on your body response. I am doing it every month.
I just read today that sage (herbs) is also good for the same case.

Hope you become better soon

Thank you God for every trouble and bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

kgat98 HB User
Wink Re: Treatments

Im on Orencia,Methotrexate and prednisone now..
Prednisone is like a wonder drug to me, the fever(?),rash(?),joint pain and swelling is more under control but still feeling pain constantly but couldent ask for more relief. Just cant come under 15mg before my body startes to flare even more and all the way any longer thing often use to be more worse than before..
I no more can run. I walk kinda funny. I often have a limp. Every morning when I wake up I need to take a hot warm shower just as I can come up the stairs at home.. Im fatiqued, and yeah im 14 so thats quite hard. When friends are asking for me to hang out with them Im often in so much pain that I just cant go out. But Training is so importand in my life, I dont now where I would been without training its had helped me to get more motion in my joints and make my muscles not get to weak.
I dont really now if my meds has been working. not Feeling any bether but I dont now where I would been without meds.
So im thankfull. The prednisone side effects sucks but I have compered it to the disease and Im glad the prednisone are there to help..

HOPE FOR AN CURE

Old 01-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
(female)

achyFL HB User

Hi,

I developed JRA when I was 10, I'm now in my 50's and still being treated. I applaud your efforts to learn more about the disease and the treatments, you seem very mature for your age (but please remember to have fun).

I have recently had good results with Actemra, My doctor thinks it's gotten a lot of good results in treating JRA. I had about 4 treatments and noticed a big difference. Then I needed a couple of surgeries and had to go 10-1/2 months without it, I noticed a lot of problems without it. As you probably know, it can take a while to find the best treatment. Hopefully, you can experience some relief and get rid of the prednisone eventually. All the best to you.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

kgat98 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyFL View Post
Hi,

I developed JRA when I was 10, I'm now in my 50's and still being treated. I applaud your efforts to learn more about the disease and the treatments, you seem very mature for your age (but please remember to have fun).

I have recently had good results with Actemra, My doctor thinks it's gotten a lot of good results in treating JRA. I had about 4 treatments and noticed a big difference. Then I needed a couple of surgeries and had to go 10-1/2 months without it, I noticed a lot of problems without it. As you probably know, it can take a while to find the best treatment. Hopefully, you can experience some relief and get rid of the prednisone eventually. All the best to you.

Thats good that Actemra help you. How often do you get it?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
(female)

achyFL HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgat98 View Post
Thats good that Actemra help you. How often do you get it?
It's supposed to be every 4 weeks, but because of the way my doctor' s office schedules, it ends up being more like 5 weeks.

Last edited by achyFL; 01-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
alternative medicine, juvenile arthritis, treatment resistant