It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: Basal Joint surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy06 View Post
I was just sitting here at the computer and I became a little chilly. I took my brace off so I could put on a fleece jacket. While my brace was off, I looked at my scar (still covered in surgical tape and purple ink). I ran my finger along the edges. I just realized why I still have a burning sensation in there: The pin they used to fuse my bones together is rubbing against my skin which is pressed and rubbing against the splint. Hmmmmm.
-Cassie
Hi Cassie,

''Ouch'' from me aswell. Linda is right, you need to go asap to your doctor to have your incision looked at. Something is wrong there.
Cassie dont wait, just go back & let make your more comfortable.
Let us know whats happening with you.
Haydena.
p.s. Thanks Cassie for your good wishes for my upcoming surgery.

Last edited by Haydena; 01-08-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita889 View Post
Hi Haydena,

Thanks for the suggestion' but I have to write more than that. And I'm afraid holding a stamp would be just as bad-my thumb hurts just holding a pen, not just when I write. I will be getting a cortisone shot on Friday morning before school. My rheumatologist put in an extra appointment before his regular hours to fit me in. This will the first shot in the left and I have generally had good luck with them, at least the first one. The first one in the right gave me a year of relief.

No, you don't sound like someone who ever sits still, just like me, I meant the annoying waiting in pain when you really want to have it over and done and start to heal.

I have a new task for tonight-filing down my cast. When the cast was put on it was with my hand up, but when my hand is down the thumb of the cast rubs on the healing scar from the cut. So I called and the nurse gave me an okay to do a little adjusting. What an exciting evening (not!).

Have a great tomorrow.

Linda
Hi Linda,

I am giggling here after I read your post & picture you(in my mind) sawing away at your cast!! I hope you managed to file it down & are more comfy now.

For some insane reason my right hand which needs the surgery is less painful.
I really dont know why as I am using it as much as I can. Maybe I am getting used to the pain? (no need for an answer!) I am still able to lift & hold my 5 month old delightful grandbaby girl, of course using both my hands.

Great that you were able to get an appointment with your rheumy for Friday.
I didnt know that a cortisone shot lasts 1 year, I thought much less.

Let us know how you managed with the filing!!

Happy healing.

Haydena.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
(female)

margarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB User
Smile Re: Basal Joint surgery

Hi Haydena and Cassie,

Went in this morning at 7:15 and got my shot. He really loaded in the anaesthetic this time-even at 1:00 I can still feel it working. Now hopefully in the next day or so the cortisone will kick in and I will have my hand back again. Its been to the point that my sleeve brushing it was painful and there was pain at night, so some relief-even if it is not complete will be welcome. Only a few days now until I get the cast off, so that will take some pressure off my left hand as well as I move into PT and using it bit by bit. And my cast is perfectly comfortable with a divot out the thumb and one out to let the knuckle of my index finger have more room. It looks like quite a sight!

Have a great weekend!

Linda

Last edited by margarita889; 01-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Haydena and Cassie,

Went in this morning at 7:15 and got my shot. He really loaded in the anaesthetic this time-even at 1:00 I can still feel it working. Now hopefully in the next day or so the cortisone will kick in and I will have my hand back again. Its been to the point that my sleeve brushing it was painful and there was pain at night, so some relief-even if it is not complete will be welcome. Only a few days now until I get the cast off, so that will take some pressure off my left hand as well as I move into PT and using it bit by bit. And my cast is perfectly comfortable with a divot out the thumb and one out to let the knuckle of my index finger have more room. It looks like quite a sight!

Have a great weekend!

Linda
Hi Linda,

By now the cortisone shot you got on Friday should have kicked in & I hope you are more comfortable. Pain is a horror.

I changed my surgery date to 4. February to give me some breathing space to get all the test results in on time. I feel relieved now! I have an appointment with the ''knock-out' doctor (I can never get the spelling right!) 1 week before my surgery, when I need to bring him all my test results.

I found a file loaded with notes about my previous (left) hand surgery. I kept a diary about the physio routine & will use this when I start my physio. My surgeon's physiotherapist only gave me 15 minutes of her time which I thought was'nt enough. I found a highly trained private hand physiotherapist, who came to my home 3 times for 70 minutes each time. She reassured me & gave me back the confidence to use my hand, by telling me, ''you can't hurt your hand.''

Linda, when you start your physio, one of the best things you can do for your hand is to place it in a large bowel of warm water & move your fingers & rotate your wrist, slowly. Cream your hand well, each time afterwards.I did this religiously 3 times a day.

I was also told to use a rubber ball, the size of a tennis ball. Place ball in palm of hand & gently bend only the tip of your thumb & slightly squeeze the ball with the rest of your fingers.

Your thumb will be very stiff, your wrist less stiff. Dont worry about this because as the days pass the stiffness vanishes. You may also get a tingling sensation & the feeling of pins & needles in your thumb. Again, dont worry about that, as it passes within time. If your thumb, wrist or incision feels itchy,
use a good non-perfumed cream for relief.In fact you need to hydrate your hand as much as possible.

By the time your cast comes off (YAY) your thumb & incision may still be swollen. I suggest you buy ''Traumeel'' ointment or cream, which has the most amount of arnica in it. This is a homeopathic remedy used for swelling, bruising & pain. Traumeel will reduce the swelling real fast & I swear by this cream.
Traumeel is a German product made by ''Heel" (of Germany) I have been told that it is obtainable in the US.

If you have any questions or worries about the next stage, dont hesitate to ask me.
I wish you good luck for the day your cast comes off & continued healing.

Take care.
Haydena.

The following user gives a hug of support to Haydena:
margarita889 (01-13-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Haydena For This Useful Post:
margarita889 (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #20
(female)

margarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB User

Hi Haydena,

I am so delighted-my left thumb is pain free. Hurray for cortisone! I don't know how long it will last, but at least I will be able to do my correcting for exams.

Your suggestion about the warm water is appreciated. I have regularly used heat to soothe and relax my hands and when I had hand therapy 4 years ago when my thumbs started to go they used a hot wax bath. It felt so good that I bought one and although it is messy it feels fantastic.

I agree with you on the arnica- I have used it my last 4 surgeries. I also take bromelain-an extract from pineapple- to help with breaking down cells damaged during surgery. There was an article in The Lancet on a study that showed it sped up healing after surgery. I always hear from my OS that I heal faster than normal-my swelling is down a week ahead of expectations- and I believe the bromelain makes the difference. It is taken as a digestive aid by many people, so it is safe. You might want to check out the study and ask your doctor. The nice thing is that it helps from day one when you can't use the arnica because of the dressing.

I'm hoping to get into therapy right away- I know I will have a lot of work ahead to loosen things up. One of my friends who is a massage therapist and athletic trainer will help me get things moving as well. I see her every day at work, so my hand will get all the stretching it needs. I have great hopes of a speedy recovery because I have been doing exercises daily for years to keep my hands loosened up and strong as the joints slowly got worse. I will look forward to trying out your suggestions soon as well.

I am glad that you have your date for certain. It will give you the luxury of taking your time and maybe even get some of the usual spring projects done before surgery rather than in March.

I am hoping to go to Florida in March to see my mother who went into a nursing home in December. We own the house she was living in, and I would like to get it in shape to rent if possible. Our big work trip and visit is in June, but the "snowbirds" usually rent for the next year in the spring. So my hands will definitely get a workout and will need to be ready.

I will let you know how things go on Wednesday. I will have to be very specific as they shape the splint-I won't be able to file that one down so easily! I have had custom splints in the past, and if the thumb isn't perfect any swelling(and I like my potato chips ) is painful. So wish me luck!

Have a great week!

Linda

P.S. Cassie-how are things going?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
Veteran
(female)

Post Re: Basal Joint surgery

Quote:
Hi Haydena,

I am so delighted-my left thumb is pain free. Hurray for cortisone! I don't know how long it will last, but at least I will be able to do my correcting for exams.

Your suggestion about the warm water is appreciated. I have regularly used heat to soothe and relax my hands and when I had hand therapy 4 years ago when my thumbs started to go they used a hot wax bath. It felt so good that I bought one and although it is messy it feels fantastic.

I agree with you on the arnica- I have used it my last 4 surgeries. I also take bromelain-an extract from pineapple- to help with breaking down cells damaged during surgery. There was an article in The Lancet on a study that showed it sped up healing after surgery. I always hear from my OS that I heal faster than normal-my swelling is down a week ahead of expectations- and I believe the bromelain makes the difference. It is taken as a digestive aid by many people, so it is safe. You might want to check out the study and ask your doctor. The nice thing is that it helps from day one when you can't use the arnica because of the dressing.

I'm hoping to get into therapy right away- I know I will have a lot of work ahead to loosen things up. One of my friends who is a massage therapist and athletic trainer will help me get things moving as well. I see her every day at work, so my hand will get all the stretching it needs. I have great hopes of a speedy recovery because I have been doing exercises daily for years to keep my hands loosened up and strong as the joints slowly got worse. I will look forward to trying out your suggestions soon as well.

I am glad that you have your date for certain. It will give you the luxury of taking your time and maybe even get some of the usual spring projects done before surgery rather than in March.

I am hoping to go to Florida in March to see my mother who went into a nursing home in December. We own the house she was living in, and I would like to get it in shape to rent if possible. Our big work trip and visit is in June, but the "snowbirds" usually rent for the next year in the spring. So my hands will definitely get a workout and will need to be ready.

I will let you know how things go on Wednesday. I will have to be very specific as they shape the splint-I won't be able to file that one down so easily! I have had custom splints in the past, and if the thumb isn't perfect any swelling(and I like my potato chips ) is painful. So wish me luck!

Have a great week!

Linda

P.S. Cassie-how are things going?
Hi Linda,

My surgery was for 28 January but was postponed to 4th February. I am counting the days as tasks are getting more difficult for me to cope with now.
I am wearing a thumb/wrist guard without the metal piece in it, which helps when I am in pain. When I am painless, I take the guard off. Warm water does help alot & Traumeel. I wont allow the muscle go to waste as it will take longer to heal.

I am pleased to hear that the cortisone shot is helping you. You really need to be pain free now for all those exams you need to correct.

I have never heard of using a hot wax bath & it does make alot of sense to me as wax keeps the heat. If I want to check it out on google, do I search for hot wax for arthritis?

I have been taking bromelain for quite some time & stopped now for the surgery as I was told it can cause bleeding!! I will go back to it after my operation.

Following an low acid diet helps aswell for arthritis.

I take cider vinegar & honey in warm water, taken 3 times a day soothes aching joints & muscles.

I am sure by March your hand will have completely healed for your ''big work trip'' to Florida.

I used Traumeel on the incision as soon as the stitches were taken out. There was no dressing, just a micro-plastic splint with a piece of guaze placed on top of the scar. My surgeon left me with the original bloody bandage ( I am not swearing!!) and a ball of hard plaster in the palm of my hand for 1 week, as he did not want to cause trauma to the hand by taking it off. I covered that with a clean bandage & sprayed perfume on it!! This guy has an excellent reputation
& is a professor who has written over 150 articles. He knows exactly what he is doing. The scar on my left hand is very thin & hardly noticeable today.

You are lucky to have a therapist friend close by. I am sure you will succeed in getting your hand back to normal. Where there is a will, there is a way & you are a strong lady, just like I am !!

I Hope you read this before you have your splint put on today. I wish you good luck & let me know how you feel with it, later.

Sending you loads of supportive good energy.

Haydena

Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
(female)

Hi Haydena,

Yes, I knew your surgery is, the 4th, I just find that March is the time for the big spring cleaning before Easter and this year you will either have to quick get things done or wait until you are healed. Right now my husband is doing all the heavy cleaning-I am forever grateful to my mother-in-law for teaching him to cook and clean as well as most women.

The first time I had some sessions with a hand therapist to get exercises when my hands were causing pain she started each session with a paraffin bath to relax the muscles and soothe pain. It felt amazing. You should be able to find it on google as a hot wax machine or paraffin bath. They are used in spas a lot here too for pedicures because they remove dead skin and soften skin.

I am now in a removable brace for the next four weeks and start therapy on Friday. The scars look great-they should be almost invisible. I spent quite a while today on getting my skin back in shape. It looks a lot better but still a little scaly. I think just being able to wash my hands normally will take care of the rest. I will have to start scar therapy right away on the forearm where the tendon was divided, its a little stuck, but I have done that before and hopefully will have as much success as I did with my knees. I lost a little ROM on the end joint but I should be able to work it back myself. I am more concerned about the second joint-it is almost immobile and it had great ROM pre-surgery. Hopefully I can get it moving again very soon. So that's the status report-all in all very positive. I will have a lot of stretching to do, but I am very committed to getting this back to perfect shape asap.

Last appointment I mentioned the foam cube I bought after someone mentioned it here on the board to the nurse and she asked me to bring it along this time. Both she and the physicians assistant really liked it and even took a photo with her phone to show my surgeon. For knee surgery they had a bag of useful gadgets for post-surgery, so perhaps they will start using something like this for hands. The PA said that for broken wrists and arms they hang the cast to an IV pole in the hospital and that the cube would be a lot easier.

I am taking tonight off and then on to exams tomorrow and prepping for the new term that begins on Monday. Typing with the new brace is a lot easier since it isn't as bulky, so that will really help.

I'll let you know how the therapy goes.

Take care Haydena. I hope your thumb gives you a few more easier days before surgery this week.

Linda

The following user gives a hug of support to margarita889:
Haydena (01-17-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to margarita889 For This Useful Post:
Haydena (01-17-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
(female)

Hi Haydena,

Great news, I saw the hand therapist today and she was very pleased with the progress I have made and the flexibility thus far. I am starting the exercises and scar therapy and she already moved me ahead based I what I could do. Yeah! I had a custom brace that she adjusted for me a bit so I have a choice of braces now and can wash the one that I got at my appointment when needed. She also gave me an elastic sleeve to wear under the brace to provide mild compression and minimize swelling. Its very comfortable and I can see that it is already helping. So all in all, a great start. I was fortunate that she had a cancellation after me, so she actually spent an extra 40 minutes with me so we could get extra things done. This is the start of 8 weeks of therapy, so I am really happy to have someone who is willing to go the extra mile.

Have a great weekend!

Linda

Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #24
(female)

Cassidy06 HB User

Sorry for my absence!
Believe it or not, I haven't been on the computer much in the past month. It is real uncomfortable to type. Over the last week, my wrist and thumb position feel allot better.
I saw my Ortho recently and he says I have another 6 weeks before he will be able to tell if the Joint Fusion actually worked. I finally saw pictures (x rays) of my surgery. I didn't realize I had so much hardware in my hand! there are a bunch of pins and plates along my thumb down to the basal joint. The uncomfortable feeling I was telling you about earlier (pin rubbing against my skin) is supposed to be normal (i guess??). Ortho cant fix or alter the pin until the fusion is healed.
On a positive note, I am not in any real pain as long as I keep my brace on. My hand and wrist are real still and I don't have too much flexibility anymore. I asked ortho about physical therapy and he said "NO". He doesn't want me to work my hand at all until the fusion has healed. I can, however, take my brace off during down time to try to loosen up my wrist.

Linda, sounds like you are doing very well! I love the idea of custom/multiple braces. I would love that. I have cut some white socks to put over my hand/wrist while wearing the brace. It is much more comfortable. What kind of exercises do you do? What does scar therapy consist of? Im no expert, but my scar looks horrible. the incision looks thick and the stitches marks look like pimples.

Haydena, Hope you are feeling well. Will be thinking of you Feb 4th!! I have taken your advice and I ordered Traumeel. I found it on Amazon. I just started using it this weekend since my scar is pretty much closed up.

Take care ladies!!

-Cassie

The following user gives a hug of support to Cassidy06:
margarita889 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #25
(female)

Hi Cassie,

Glad to hear from you and that your pain level is good. With you having little ones, time to write even on a normal day is difficult. I am enjoying an unexpected snow day today so I have the luxury of writing a reply so early in the day. I am doing really well. I get to start real work on my wrist today in therapy. Just with passive motion I have about 3/4 of the ROM back, so this shouldn't be too bad. Still working on the thumb joints. The top one is almost there, but the second one is going to need a lot of work. Before surgery I had to really work to keep it mobile, so it isn't a surprise that it is so limited. That joint on my left hand(dominant) has been almost frozen for over 15 years.

My scars are really flat, but that is probably due to having all the sutures under the skin and absorbable rather than on the surface. The scar therapy is intended to loosen the layers of skin, fascia and muscle that scar together when someone has surgery. It consists of deep pressure and stretching as well as twisting to loosen the adhesions, align the structure of the scar and make the scar more flexible. My therapist also has me wearing gel patches over the scars to help flatten them. You can pick them up over the counter and they work really well. Try them and I know they will help-I have used them for other surgeries as well.

I'm glad you can move your wrist. If you are allowed to move it from side to side as well as flex it up and down, my therapist has me working with the palm flat and spending more time moving it inward than outward because you loose more ROM in that direction. She also wants me to be careful that I am keeping my fingers straight and the wrist straight when I move it up and down. Since you won't be meeting with a therapist for a while I just thought you might find these details helpful.

My other exercises are very limited yet. I curl my fingers to right below the knuckles to stretch the ligaments, I massage the palm to keep it loose, I stretch the ligament that was divided-all very simple basics without actually moving the base of the thumb. I won't be able to work on that for two more weeks or on strengthening for four more. I am trying to be patient and follow orders exactly because I want the very best result possible.

I hope you have time to write again soon. It was great hearing from you.

Good healing.

Linda

The Following User Says Thank You to margarita889 For This Useful Post:
Cassidy06 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #26
(female)

Hi Cassie,

Glad to hear from you and that your pain level is good. With you having little ones, time to write even on a normal day is difficult. I am enjoying an unexpected snow day today so I have the luxury of writing a reply so early in the day. I am doing really well. I get to start real work on my wrist today in therapy. Just with passive motion I have about 3/4 of the ROM back, so this shouldn't be too bad. Still working on the thumb joints. The top one is almost there, but the second one is going to need a lot of work. Before surgery I had to really work to keep it mobile, so it isn't a surprise that it is so limited. That joint on my left hand(dominant) has been almost frozen for over 15 years.

My scars are really flat, but that is probably due to having all the sutures under the skin and absorbable rather than on the surface. The scar therapy is intended to loosen the layers of skin, fascia and muscle that scar together when someone has surgery. It consists of deep pressure and stretching as well as twisting to loosen the adhesions, align the structure of the scar and make the scar more flexible. My therapist also has me wearing gel patches over the scars to help flatten them. You can pick them up over the counter and they work really well. Try them and I know they will help-I have used them for other surgeries as well.

I'm glad you can move your wrist. If you are allowed to move it from side to side as well as flex it up and down, my therapist has me working with the palm flat and spending more time moving it inward than outward because you loose more ROM in that direction. She also wants me to be careful that I am keeping my fingers straight and the wrist straight when I move it up and down. Since you won't be meeting with a therapist for a while I just thought you might find these details helpful.

My other exercises are very limited yet. I curl my fingers to right below the knuckles to stretch the ligaments, I massage the palm to keep it loose, I stretch the ligament that was divided-all very simple basics without actually moving the base of the thumb. I won't be able to work on that for two more weeks or on strengthening for four more. I am trying to be patient and follow orders exactly because I want the very best result possible.

I hope you have time to write again soon. It was great hearing from you.

Good healing.

Linda

Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #27
(female)

Hi Haydena,

I hope you have had a great week and wish you well as you make the final preparations before your surgery on Monday. I will be praying for you and for your surgeon so that all goes well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Linda

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #28
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy06 View Post
Sorry for my absence!
Believe it or not, I haven't been on the computer much in the past month. It is real uncomfortable to type. Over the last week, my wrist and thumb position feel allot better.
I saw my Ortho recently and he says I have another 6 weeks before he will be able to tell if the Joint Fusion actually worked. I finally saw pictures (x rays) of my surgery. I didn't realize I had so much hardware in my hand! there are a bunch of pins and plates along my thumb down to the basal joint. The uncomfortable feeling I was telling you about earlier (pin rubbing against my skin) is supposed to be normal (i guess??). Ortho cant fix or alter the pin until the fusion is healed.
On a positive note, I am not in any real pain as long as I keep my brace on. My hand and wrist are real still and I don't have too much flexibility anymore. I asked ortho about physical therapy and he said "NO". He doesn't want me to work my hand at all until the fusion has healed. I can, however, take my brace off during down time to try to loosen up my wrist.

Linda, sounds like you are doing very well! I love the idea of custom/multiple braces. I would love that. I have cut some white socks to put over my hand/wrist while wearing the brace. It is much more comfortable. What kind of exercises do you do? What does scar therapy consist of? Im no expert, but my scar looks horrible. the incision looks thick and the stitches marks look like pimples.

Haydena, Hope you are feeling well. Will be thinking of you Feb 4th!! I have taken your advice and I ordered Traumeel. I found it on Amazon. I just started using it this weekend since my scar is pretty much closed up.

Take care ladies!!

-Cassie
Hi Cassie,

Great hearing from you.

From what you say here, your recovery sounds right to me.

When you take your brace off during down time to move your wrist, it will help if you place your wrist under warm water, not too hot though, as the warmth
of the water will act as a softner. You can also place your wrist & hand in a large bowel of warm water & to loosen up your wrist & muscles.

Cassie, you can also use any hand cream or even body lotion as long as it does not contain perfume, as perfume may sting the scar.The more you hydrate your skin. scar, the better. Drinking enough water daily will also be good for you.

I was told to use my hand prior to surgery, as much as possible so as not to loose too much muscle. Wasted muscle takes longer to heal.

Your ortho is correct in telling you not to move your fingers & thumb until the fusion has healed. I guess because you could dislodge the pins?

I did not have any pins inserted, only a tendon (from wrist) transplanted between the joints at base of thumb.

You placing a cut sock under your brace (should be made of cotton) is a great idea. I used pieces of guaze.

Bravo to you for ordering Traumeel. It should flatten your scar & dont worry about the ''pimples'' as they will vanish in time. Just keep that area moisturized
& see that the Traumeel is rubbed in well.

I had a hard time in looking at my scar! however I creamed it 3-4 times a day.Either with Traumeel ordinary unperfume cream.
Itchiness is a sign of healing btw.

The pt info Linda gave you is spot on & all correct. Bravo Linda!

Thank you Cassie for your good luck wishes for me on 4th Feb. I have finalized all tests & been to the hospital ''knock-out'' doc. I am all set & ready for this surgery. (Not afraid at all)
I will let you & Linda know how I am doing as soon as I can. Typing with my left hand is going to be a riot.

Continue healing & progressing.

Take good care.
Haydena.

The following user gives a hug of support to Haydena:
Cassidy06 (02-04-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Haydena For This Useful Post:
Cassidy06 (02-04-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #29
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Haydena,

I hope you have had a great week and wish you well as you make the final preparations before your surgery on Monday. I will be praying for you and for your surgeon so that all goes well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Linda
Hi Linda

Your kind words & wishes are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am ready with all my test results in a file & the papers of the ''knock out doc''
& nurse in another file. Both files will accompany me to the hospital on Monday morning.

I am aiming to return home in the late afternoon. My lovely surgeon told me to keep an open mind about staying overnight. Nope, not this time.

Ice packs, shower mat, prop-up pillows & clothes are on standby!

I am pleased to read how well you are progressing. Sounds like you have ''it altogether!"

Take good care,

Haydena

P.S.
Linda, pardon me, I seemed to have missed reading your # 23. Having a good physical therapist makes all the difference.
Your positiveness is amazing, you will reach your goal, of that I am sure.
You now have 6 weeks of PT to go!

Last edited by Haydena; 01-30-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: missed reading Linda's # 23

Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #30
(female)

Cassidy06 HB User

Haydena,
Thinking of you today! Wishing a smooth procedure, quick return home, and speedy recovery!
It will be weird typing!!
Haydena and Linda, Thank you so much for all your help and advice! You ladies are such a great support system and have given such sound advice.
Have a great day!
-Cassie

Reply Reply