It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #31
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: Basal Joint surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy06 View Post
Haydena,
Thinking of you today! Wishing a smooth procedure, quick return home, and speedy recovery!
It will be weird typing!!
Haydena and Linda, Thank you so much for all your help and advice! You ladies are such a great support system and have given such sound advice.
Have a great day!
-Cassie
hi cassie, linda,

thank you for your kind wishes cassie.

i am home safe and sound, after spending 1 night in hospital.
it is great to be past-op, great to be home and truly very very weird typing here with the index finger of my left hand.

the op was a success, i was given the xray already yesterday in disc form, before i got released. all looks good there.

i have a half cast covering half my hand,under the tip of right thumb which goes halfway round hand, and ends just above my wrist. covered by thick gauze bandages. this will be removed next monday evening, when my hand will go into a micro splint, coveerd by bandages.

my surgery took about 1 hour. it didnt take me too long to wake up.
i am now using an ice pack which i placed under my right elbow. my hand and arm being elevated. i also use the ice pack on different areas of hand, thumb and wrist.

traumeel has been applied alot as my hand and wrist, thumb and fingers are black and blue and still rather swollen.

i do have considerable amount of pain-have just taken 2 advil. i am not too keen to take the anti-infams, here called, voltaren, as it plays havoc on my stomach. i did get an injection of voltaren in hospital last night, which helped with the pain and discomfort. i know that during my op i got a cocktail of meds, 4 mg. morphine included, which helped alot.

cassie, how are you doing. i was amazed to read in your previous posts how well you are coping with your son etc. remarkable lady you are.

linda how are you doing.

i will check in here from time to time to inform you both about my progress.
loads of patience is needed to type this way, wow.

take good care.

haydena.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #32
(female)

margarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB User
Smile Re: Basal Joint surgery

Hi Haydena,
I am so delighted to hear that things are going well for you. I hope that by today your pain is better. I am surprised that your doctor didn't send you home with any more powerful pain medication than advil. I know that every doctor is different, but even though the incision is small it is still surgery! Hopefully you will have as easy a recovery as I have and be out of pain soon. At day 5 I had less pain than before surgery and at day seven had no pain unless it got bumped the wrong way.

This is your dominant hand, isn't it? How are you doing with all the ordinary things like buttons? I know you are a pro at this, but things still are difficult.
You have my sympathy on the one-handed typing. Hopefully your new brace will be below the crease in your palm so you can move your knuckles freely. You wouldn't want anything else to stiffen up!

I am doing really well-I have the top joint of my thumb almost back to normal and good progress being made on my second joint. I am now working on wrist flexion and next week can start moving the whole thumb and start weaning off of the brace 2 hours at a time.

I look forward to hearing that you are feeling better soon.

Good healing!

Linda

Old 02-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #33
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita889 View Post
Hi Haydena,
I am so delighted to hear that things are going well for you. I hope that by today your pain is better. I am surprised that your doctor didn't send you home with any more powerful pain medication than advil. I know that every doctor is different, but even though the incision is small it is still surgery! Hopefully you will have as easy a recovery as I have and be out of pain soon. At day 5 I had less pain than before surgery and at day seven had no pain unless it got bumped the wrong way.

This is your dominant hand, isn't it? How are you doing with all the ordinary things like buttons? I know you are a pro at this, but things still are difficult.
You have my sympathy on the one-handed typing. Hopefully your new brace will be below the crease in your palm so you can move your knuckles freely. You wouldn't want anything else to stiffen up!

I am doing really well-I have the top joint of my thumb almost back to normal and good progress being made on my second joint. I am now working on wrist flexion and next week can start moving the whole thumb and start weaning off of the brace 2 hours at a time.

I look forward to hearing that you are feeling better soon.

Good healing!

Linda
hi linda,

my doctor, being 1 of the top surgeons in hand surgery did not even instruct the hospital nurses on my ward what pain meds i needed to get after my surgery. i was given a cocktail of meds, including 4 mg. of morphine during my op. once i had woken up, i did not need any additional pain killers. my op was at 8.am.

the pain and discomfort only started in the late afternoon. the nurse asked me what i wanted for the pain. it was then that i phoned my surgeon to tell him i wanted to go home, where i had/have ''dipyrone 500mg'' my doc spoke to the nurse, and told her, ''she knows what meds she can take''
i hope you are still seated...shocking as it may sound to you, i remained overnight in the hospital, after taking ''dipyrone'' liquid form and an injection of voltaren, anti-inflam, a 1 time shot as my stomach does not take too kindly to voltaren.
i am home 5 days, i have taken advil which did not help much. ''dipyrone'' liquid form i take 50 drops 3-4 times a day.

(i remember 1 year 8 months ago when i had surgery on my left hand, what meds i was told to take)

the swelling has gone down alot making the half cast very uncomfortable, especially when my arm is not raised. thank goodness the cast will be removed on monday evening for a micro-plastic splint. stitches will be removed 18th feb.

thanks to ''traumeel'' the bruising is fading. my fingers are less swollen and i am able to move them. i can move the tip of my right thumb.

i am hanging in/on here.

this is my dominant right hand linda. i cannot close buttons with my left hand,
which does'nt bother me.
the ''thing'' i have on now covers the 9. centimeter incision which reaches just
below the end of my wrist.
the new splint will allow my wrist to bend, i think, will let you know.

wow you are progresing extremely well linda. have you been told to try to touch your 2nd finger with your thumb, then 3rd, 4th and pinkie.
massaging your palm and outer muscle with oil is very good for you.
i am looking forward to get to where you are now.

i will let you know more details on monday. have a great weekend and happy healing to you linda.

cassie, i hope all is well with you.

haydena

Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #34
(female)

margarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB User

Hi Haydena,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear the swelling is starting to go down. I know what you mean about those surgery half-casts. They are one-size-fits-nobody! Keeping your hand high is so annoying, but it certainly does make a difference!

I just started a couple of days ago moving the thumb toward the fingers. The second joint is still not all the way back and I am not supposed to move the base at all until next week, so although I am approaching them I am not yet touching the fingertips. I know that exercise well-I have been doing it for 20 years to keep my joints mobile and it really works. My hand looks really good, the palm is all stretched out and I do massage it 4 times a day when I go through my exercises.

Today is going to be a fun day for me. I have to send in my passport renewal for the trip to Costa Rica that I will be taking with my students the end of June and make reservations for Easter week to fly down to Florida and see my mom and sister. Such good things to look forward to!

I also have to start thinking about whether I will have the other thumb done this summer after the Costa Rica trip or not. I can't do it during the school year because I couldn't keep up with the correcting with my dominant hand in a cast, so if I decide to put it off it will be a full year wait. That could make it a really looooonnng school year if it gets much worse. Right now I am dealing with some numbness in the fingers as well as pain when I use it too much, but hopefully when I can start using the right the left will settle back down. And this is the time of the year that I order seeds for the garden because I start my own tomatoes and peppers in March. If I have surgery I doubt I can do much in the garden for half the summer and my husband, while absolutely marvelous help, has enough to do without all of that.

So I am really looking forward to next week to take the next step and then to moving on to strengthening. I want to know asap whether I will have to have surgery or not. I have incredible patience for so many things, but not for this!

I hope your weekend goes well and look forward to hearing from you on Monday.

Linda

Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #35
(female)

Hi Haydena,

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your appointment went well on Monday and that you are having much less pain each day. I spent 2 hours out of my brace today and can stay out four tomorrow. Whoopee! I can cut my own meat again and get rid of the stretch shoe laces. I really appreciate the small freedoms that I am regaining.

Cassie- how are you doing? And how is your little guy? I know my grandkids have been so careful and helpful when I have had surgeries in the past. I hope your two-year-old is the same.

Take care both of you and good healing.

Linda

Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #36
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Haydena,

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your appointment went well on Monday and that you are having much less pain each day. I spent 2 hours out of my brace today and can stay out four tomorrow. Whoopee! I can cut my own meat again and get rid of the stretch shoe laces. I really appreciate the small freedoms that I am regaining.

Cassie- how are you doing? And how is your little guy? I know my grandkids have been so careful and helpful when I have had surgeries in the past. I hope your two-year-old is the same.

Take care both of you and good healing.

Linda
hi linda,

for some weird circumstance my half cast was removed on wednesday instead of monday. my hand is now in a micro plastic splint with gauze over the stitches, requested by me. velco strips hold the micro plastic down. the micro thingy is then covered by a tubi grip which is like a bandage/sock, also requested by me. it is quite comfy and i am thrilled to be rid of that dead weight in the original blooded bandages....
i was told to move my fingers and bend tip of thumb, which i am doing. all swellings are down, except for tip of thumb.
stitches will be removed on sunday, which is a working day here.
i am using loads of traumeel & still keep arm raised.
i can hold a light object with my fingers, not thumb, will not push this until stitches removed.
will let you know about sunday. have a great weekend & take good care.
haydena.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #37
Veteran
(female)

greetings to you ladies,

i am thrilled to be the bearer of good news; my stitches were removed yesterday. the scar is not in the exact same place as it was on my left hand,( the operation was 1 year, 8 months ago)
rather more towards the top of my (right) hand, like in between my thumb and forefinger.

the scar was covered with a piece of gauze, with the plastic micro-splint on top
(of scar) reaching well below my wrist;keeping my thumb apart & well separated from my forefinger. i am not allowed to remove this micro-splint until 20.March, when i will start physiotherapy.

i am oiling my fingers with an oil called''obliphica oil'' recommended by my fantastic pharmacist. the skin on my fingers and hand was extra dry since 2 weeks (surgery was 2 weeks ago) i am using this oil 3 times a day, plus applying ''traumeel'' to my thumb which is slightly swollen. the oil has worked wonders, already!

i am not in much pain, when i feel a twinge of pain i rest my hand on an ice pack,which helps alot. i am still sleeping with my arm raised.the bruising on my wrist and arm have almost faded, thanks to ''traumeel.''

so all in all i am progressing very well. i am still very tired due to having a general anaesthetic. i am resting alot, drinking loads of water and eating well.
i am taking multi vitimins, bromelain and vitamin c.

i hope you linda and cassie are progressing with your healing.

cassie, give us a ''shout'' here, if you can, as we would love to hear how you are doing.

haydena.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #38
(female)

Hi Haydena,

There is such a variety of protocols from one country to another and from one doctor to another. And for you, from one hand to another! Was there something more that needed to be done on this hand that didn't on the other or is there a new technique? I've never heard or read about a version of the surgery with the incision there, and I've read quite a bit! If you know, I would be interested in hearing-especially since I will need the other hand done.

I am glad to hear your pain is diminishing. My guess is that it wasn't the just anesthetic that has made you so tired but the interrupted sleep you have had while you have been in pain. Those mini-wakeups during the night to shift to a comfortable place can really take a toll. Hopefully that is all behind you and you regain your energy soon. Healing uses up so much of your body's resources.

I am now spending most of the day out of the brace. Things are going well with the thumb, but one of the wrist strengthening exercises is causing some swelling. I have had arthritis in my wrists for so long that I don't even think about it, but the correct position for one exercise really puts a strain on the outside of the wrist. Oh well, at least it isn't on the inside by the thumb where I would have to worry.

This is my last week with Kristen,my current hand therapist(she is nearly due with her first baby) and then I will work with another one for the rest of the therapy. I have worked with Peggy before, so it won't be a difficult transition. I just hope I finish up before I go to Florida. Of course I get the stretching done every day that I don't have therapy from our trainer or one of her interns, so it isn't surprising that things are going along really quickly. I can't begin to get the force behind the stretching that someone working with both hands can. I feel really blessed to have the additional help.

Cassie, I hope you're well and the healing is going along at a good pace. You and Haydena will be starting therapy at almost the same time.

I hope to hear from you again soon.

Linda

The following user gives a hug of support to margarita889:
Haydena (02-18-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to margarita889 For This Useful Post:
Haydena (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #39
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Haydena,

There is such a variety of protocols from one country to another and from one doctor to another. And for you, from one hand to another! Was there something more that needed to be done on this hand that didn't on the other or is there a new technique? I've never heard or read about a version of the surgery with the incision there, and I've read quite a bit! If you know, I would be interested in hearing-especially since I will need the other hand done.

I am glad to hear your pain is diminishing. My guess is that it wasn't the just anesthetic that has made you so tired but the interrupted sleep you have had while you have been in pain. Those mini-wakeups during the night to shift to a comfortable place can really take a toll. Hopefully that is all behind you and you regain your energy soon. Healing uses up so much of your body's resources.

I am now spending most of the day out of the brace. Things are going well with the thumb, but one of the wrist strengthening exercises is causing some swelling. I have had arthritis in my wrists for so long that I don't even think about it, but the correct position for one exercise really puts a strain on the outside of the wrist. Oh well, at least it isn't on the inside by the thumb where I would have to worry.

This is my last week with Kristen,my current hand therapist(she is nearly due with her first baby) and then I will work with another one for the rest of the therapy. I have worked with Peggy before, so it won't be a difficult transition. I just hope I finish up before I go to Florida. Of course I get the stretching done every day that I don't have therapy from our trainer or one of her interns, so it isn't surprising that things are going along really quickly. I can't begin to get the force behind the stretching that someone working with both hands can. I feel really blessed to have the additional help.

Cassie, I hope you're well and the healing is going along at a good pace. You and Haydena will be starting therapy at almost the same time.

I hope to hear from you again soon.

Linda
hi to you, Linda,

the pain you are experiencing on the outer side of your wrist concerns me.
you do know that you have tendons on both sides of your wrist. i know from my pt that once the cast is off and we start pt, we cannot damage our hands.
when i had pt for my left hand which was operated on 1 yr 8 months ago, i was told to gently rotate my wrist in a large bowel of warm water, 3 times a day.
my pt massaged the outer part of my wrist from below my ''pinkie'' finger to well passed the end of my wrist. ( applying oil on before) i also was told to lay my hand flat on a towel after the water soak, which helped my hand alot.
i do understand that you suffer from arthritis in both wrists.

as far as i know, my surgeon had to by pass some muscle and tendon to be able to give me the tendon transfer. it could have been that either there was less or more damage already done to the bone.
when cartilage is lost, bones grind together wearing away at the bones. the operation was exactly the same as my previous one. my problem was where the thumb joint meets my wrist.
''arthroplasty cm1'' was the name of my operation.

i did ask him why the incision is in a different place, i didnt get an answer!
i intend to ask him again on 20th March when i see him. i will also ask his pt.
of course i will let you know. ( i will be having my own pt hand specialist aswell)

he is an excellent hand surgeon with a superb reputation. he did his ''job'' and I am 100% satisfied with my left hand. i know that his techniques are up to date with the times, even if i was left with the original bandage with my hand partially in a cast for 9 days, my left hand had the original bandage with a ball of plaster for 1 week. i then went into the micro-plastic splint and after 1 week the stitches were removed. both incisions were/are very very thin, about 9 centimeters long. the scar on my left hand is now hardly noticeable.

i really dont mind having this new scar inbetween my thumb and forefinger, in time it will fade.
the best is i will not be having any pain whilst using my hand in the future. the worst is over!!

pain makes one very tired and does diminish ones resources. broken sleep makes one even more tired. i am not worried about sleeping at odd times of the day or night. my internal sleep clock will sort itself out as times goes by and as i regain my strength.

bravo for being out of your brace for most of the day. thats a great feeling.

linda we all heal at our own pace. try not to worry too much whether you will be finished your pt by the time you go to Florida. as the famous saying goes, ''what will be, will be'' i have a pretty good feeling you are going to make it as you've done so well, until now. be kind to yourself and never push yourself too much.

i traveled abroad 2.1/2 months after my surgery wearing a soft brace for support even though my surgeon said there was no need. my pt told me, if i feel comfy with the brace, i should wear it and I did, of course not all the time.

i use my logic and instincts to know what is good for me and i listen to my body. seems to work for me

i'd really like to hear from cassie and do hope all is going well with her progress.

take good care linda and please stay in contact here. always great reading your posts. i wish you well.

haydena.

Last edited by Haydena; 02-18-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistake!

The following user gives a hug of support to Haydena:
margarita889 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #40
(female)

Hi Haydena,

Not to worry-my wrist just was complaining about starting a new exercise regimen. Its fine. I do the exercise you described-I agree it is really helpful. After I get my hand heated up in a machine at therapy(kind of interesting-its like a dry whirlpool that blows around heated bits of corn husk) my therapist does it as well to get things moving in all directions.

I'm not really worried about Florida-I've gone in a boot(removeable cast), on crutches, in a wheelchair-you name it. I just want to be at the point where I don't need to go back to therapy after the trip and to be strong enough to accomplish all I have planned. If not I will just have to do it when we go down for the annual work trip in June.

I now have almost all the flexibility back-I can bend my thumb to the palm and when I move it with the other hand I can bend it down to the crease. So I think my surgeon will be really happy to see me when I go in on Tuesday. I am having a recheck on my knees as well, so it should be a great appointment since they are doing well.

You and I are really fortunate that our damaged bits have been repairable! Here's hoping your recovery keeps going as smoothly as possible.

Good healing!

Linda

Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #41
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Haydena,

Not to worry-my wrist just was complaining about starting a new exercise regimen. Its fine. I do the exercise you described-I agree it is really helpful. After I get my hand heated up in a machine at therapy(kind of interesting-its like a dry whirlpool that blows around heated bits of corn husk) my therapist does it as well to get things moving in all directions.

I'm not really worried about Florida-I've gone in a boot(removeable cast), on crutches, in a wheelchair-you name it. I just want to be at the point where I don't need to go back to therapy after the trip and to be strong enough to accomplish all I have planned. If not I will just have to do it when we go down for the annual work trip in June.

I now have almost all the flexibility back-I can bend my thumb to the palm and when I move it with the other hand I can bend it down to the crease. So I think my surgeon will be really happy to see me when I go in on Tuesday. I am having a recheck on my knees as well, so it should be a great appointment since they are doing well.

You and I are really fortunate that our damaged bits have been repairable! Here's hoping your recovery keeps going as smoothly as possible.

Good healing!

Linda
hi linda,
good to read your wrist is fine now. i love the sound of the heated up machine you are having as therapy, especially the blowing corn husks....sounds most interesting and i am sure your hand, wrist benefit from this kind of pt.
you being able to bend your thumb to your palm is excellent.

(hoping you will not need the use of that wheelchair in your boot)

my healing is progressing with the aid of ice packs, traumeel, rest and relaxation. agreed, we are very fortunate in that our damaged parts are repairable..thanks to medical science and great surgeons and pt's.

i am sure your surgeon will be thrilled with your progress. i wish you good luck
for your appointment ( & your knees)

looking forward to hear from you, after tuesday. have a great weekend take good care & continued healing.

haydena.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
(female)

Hi Haydena,

I hope you are doing well and not getting too bored during your recovery. I had excellent news this week. On Monday I had therapy with Peggy,a different therapist I have seen before because my previous therapist is due with her baby. After doing measurements she moved me up by two weeks on the protocol. I am started on hand strengthening now. I only have three more therapy sessions planned over the next couple of weeks and the done!

The doctor appointment yesterday was just as good. He was very pleased with my progress and said I don't need to come back at 12 weeks. I also scheduled my left hand surgery for July 11th. My knees are doing well too. I won't need a re-check for five years.

So I am one happy woman. The exercises for strengthening are going really well as are the ones for the wrist. I am really comfortable lifting small things, so hopefully this will move along quickly. I have a weight limit of 30 lbs. lifting because of my knees, so I expect to get there before the end of March now that I have a head start.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Linda

The following user gives a hug of support to margarita889:
Haydena (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #43
Veteran
(female)

hello ''one happy woman,'' linda,
fantastic news, you've done so well with your pt,congratulations from me to you.
i am very pleased for you.
seeing that you have healed so well this time, your 2nd hand surgery on 11.july will be much easier on you, (like mine was)

lucky you to have only 3 more pt sessions. this is exactly what you wanted before you go to florida. yay!

i am keeping busy, not bored at all here as i have loads of reading to do, visitors to chat to and appointments to keep. i must admit, i am counting the days until this micro-plastic splint is removed. 20.march.

question please, linda.
you say you have a weight limit of 30 lbs because of your knees. is it not possible to lift the weights whilst seated? or is it a must to stand?

i am also able to lift light objects with my fingers whilst keeping my forefinger straight. my splint allows my fingers to be free. my thumb and forefinger are spread apart by the splint and covered by a bandage which i remove daily for cleanliness. i do not immerse my hand in water.

have a great weekend linda and keep up the good work with your hand
take care.
haydena.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #44
(female)

Hi Haydena,

I'm glad to hear you have lots of diversions to keep you from getting too bored. I know exactly how you feel about being trapped in your splint. But I guess I would choose that any day over the pre-surgery pain and limitations. You must be feeling much stronger because that's when you start wanting everything to go much, much faster in the recovery.

Yes, it is certainly possible to lift weights seated, what I meant was that since I am not supposed to lift too much, I will certainly be able to lift 30 lb. boxes by the time I go to Florida. That will allow me to get my Mom's personal things packed and put into storage. I want my hand strength to be equal to the other, but I'm not concerned about lifting heavier weights for its own sake. My left is at 72 for grip and my right at 45, so there is a way to go, but not too bad. I too have been using my fingers to lift everything, so I think my general arm strength hasn't lost too much.

I'm hoping that my garden seeds come today or tomorrow so I can get them started. It always makes the last few weeks of winter go a little faster when I can dig in the dirt and watch my tomatoes and peppers grow in anticipation of spring planting.

You have a great weekend too. And hi to you Cassie.

Linda

Old 03-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Haydena,

I'm glad to hear you have lots of diversions to keep you from getting too bored. I know exactly how you feel about being trapped in your splint. But I guess I would choose that any day over the pre-surgery pain and limitations. You must be feeling much stronger because that's when you start wanting everything to go much, much faster in the recovery.

Yes, it is certainly possible to lift weights seated, what I meant was that since I am not supposed to lift too much, I will certainly be able to lift 30 lb. boxes by the time I go to Florida. That will allow me to get my Mom's personal things packed and put into storage. I want my hand strength to be equal to the other, but I'm not concerned about lifting heavier weights for its own sake. My left is at 72 for grip and my right at 45, so there is a way to go, but not too bad. I too have been using my fingers to lift everything, so I think my general arm strength hasn't lost too much.

I'm hoping that my garden seeds come today or tomorrow so I can get them started. It always makes the last few weeks of winter go a little faster when I can dig in the dirt and watch my tomatoes and peppers grow in anticipation of spring planting.

You have a great weekend too. And hi to you Cassie.

Linda
Hi Linda,

Just checking in here. How are you doing? did your garden seeds arrive? I hope they did.

Six more days until my splint is removed.YAY! I can't wait! I feel my hand is ready for physio now. The muscles in my right arm have not lost any strength at all thank heavens, as I have been using my arm & my 4 protruding fingers as much as I can. I have no pain at all, only discomfort from the splint.

I did stuff thin pieces of gauze under the pressure points after I liberally applied Traumeel. I still continue to moisturize my hand alot. I do remove the splint every 3 days to apply Traumeel & new pieces of gauze for comfort & cleanliness. Hubby is with me to watch that I replace the splint properly. Oh the numb feeling of my thumb is a turn off. I cannot look at the 8-9 cenitimeter scar for too long! He tells me the scar is very thin & looks amazingly well done! Roll on 20.March when I will be splint-free.

(I do not remove the splint for showering)

I will check in with you soon after next Wednesday & wish you a good weekend.
Take care.
Haydena.

Reply Reply