I had a bloodiest today to test for arthritis, or perhaps a virus.
I have been very fatigued on and off for a long time and previously diagnosed with fibromyalgia (about 4 yrs ago). There is a possibility this is a flare up of that.
My symptoms include:
- extreme fatigue
- pain in hands, fingers, ankles, back and sometimes knees, shoulders and hips.
- stiffness! particularly in the morning
- i have a need to crack some joints - fingers, toes, Neck and back...in order to get more movement and less pain.
- i have an elevated White blood count
- i have trouble writing by hand because I get stiffness and cramping
- these things have been going on since age 14...I am now 28 and it's getting worse!
- i had an episode about 6weeks ago where one of my ankles locked up (left) and I went on anti inflammatories which relieved it and most other joint pain. I've had multiple operations on my right ankle (first when I was 14) and I've broken that leg and needed ops. Last X-ray I had on that ankle showed signs of arthritis, but they said that was normal. (This was a few years ago).
I guess I will get my results in a few days, but is there anyone out there who can relate to these things? Particularly the cracking and hand cramping with writing?
My pop, who I never met, had ankylosing spondylitis, but mostly males get it apparently. My GP did test me for it today along with RF, ESR, CRP, Ross river fever and checked some other stuff too - I'm not sure of all of it.
Thanks for reading this far...can anyone relate?